My gf is having our baby, should I deliver?

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
Amen Brotha.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Seriously...I am absolutely amazed at the asinine comments of someone telling this guy or anyone that stuff gets messed up down there and you will never wanna have sex again or will be scarred for life....seriously?? How old are you and have you ever had a child of your own or witnessed one???

As said earlier, I assisted with all 3 of my kids, all were vag births and all stretched "my playground" beyond belief...but that is what was amazing. Amazing that the woman I had children with was able to do this to her body, her body being able to accommodate those 3 kids entering this world.

Absolutely amazing!!! It is indescribable. And apparently since I had 3 kids, it seems not only was I able to return to my playground to impregnate again, I went there many, many times and it was no less enjoyable.

So all I have to say is this...Grow Up! And until you have had children of your own with a woman you love and until you have been there in between her legs watching your child enter the world, you really cannot have a valid opinion on anything regarding this matter of how one will feel watching a vagina get stretched until you have actually been there done that. (Watching videos or other women have babies is not the same as if it were your own woman with your own child).

PS The extreme flexibility of the tissues in question only improve the recreational purposes therein.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I have delivered Babies in the Field and at the Hospital and thought it was awesome, best part of my Job. What a female body is capable of is amazing.

When my wife Delivers however I will be uptop with her holding her hand and helping to coach her, not that I have anything against delivering your own baby this is just where I personally would prefer to be.

That being said, a Field delivery does save the person thousands of Dollars, a Paramedic delivering is a lot cheaper than an OB!

If the situation did arise where I did have to deliver my own child, I would be game and remember it forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

mspazz

Forum Probie
My child was born about 6 months before I even knew I was going to go to be an EMT so I had no thoughts about it, but with my next child I might ask the OB to let me. It was a BLOODY mess, I'm serious, blood on the walls, ceiling, all over the doctor, bed looked like a butcher shop, but it was the coolest thing I've ever seen. My wife hated my guts for the entire delivery so I wasn't allowed anywhere near her until our daughter was out. Her mom did all the heavy petting and stuff. ha

guttruck

Forum Crew Member
<-----Not a big fan of catching babys

Just because I'm one of those people who always prepare for the worse case senario I would have it at a capable hospital. Just stand beside her and let her cuss at you. No need to be doing the job of the people you are already paying to do.