My company just reached a new cheap low...

Sasha

Forum Chief
They are not doing CPR, ACLS, PALS, or ANY CEUs. We now have to pay out of pocket for all con ed and certification.

Grrrrrr. :mad:

Anyone else's service cheaping out? :mad:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Not really. We have a mandatory 9 hour CE class next week and they are still offering incentives along with letting employees do back to back shifts.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Pay for online CE for all of our employees, with required monthly modules.

Ramis46

Forum Crew Member
That is pretty messed up, Those classes get expensive Fast.

And no my company pays for ours.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
They are not doing CPR, ACLS, PALS, or ANY CEUs. We now have to pay out of pocket for all con ed and certification.

Grrrrrr. :mad:

Anyone else's service cheaping out? :mad:

Even mandatory modules-- BBP, HIPAA, Sexual Harassment, TPOE? Nothing?

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Not at my service. Spending money like crazy. We do four 9 hr CME days per year for all staff. The service is still paying wages during ACP school as well as paying for the program and this year enhancements to PCP scope will be offered adding IV starts, D50, first time NTH and a couple other directives. There's also a budget for external conferences and training.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Wait, there's agencies that offer ConEd in house?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
We still pay for AHA CPR / BLS Instructor, CEVO Instructor, PALS, PEPP, ACLS, PHTLS put on free of charge at our main station. On your own though if you dont attend one of these. And try to do 1 ALS and 1 BLS CE class a month and at a minimum perform 1 ALS CE class per month to ensure employees can maintain NREMT. Other classes as able based on funding availablility and area need.

Myself and another medic just returned from a 2 week Tactical Medic course in Palm Springs, mostly paid by grant funding which included all gear including ballistic armor etc etc travel, lodging and food for the 15 days.

We are a Non Profit in a rural / frontier area.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Refusing to pay for classes that are needed to retain your license is pretty terrible. Our company just started to add CME classes, I wish they would add them online too. I enjoy a well taught class, but I don't want to work from 800-1800 and then go to a two hour class (where we aren't paid, not that we should be) that starts at 1900. That makes for a long day.

Hockey

Quackers
My ACLS expires the end of the month. Current job told me they will reimburse me. I don't believe them

I'm ready to go to a real job now anyway

Not enough dialysis patients for your company :(

Why do you think they are cutting costs?

carbonated

Forum Ride Along
I realize this isn't ideal, but if you want to save a few bucks you can take free CEU classes on www.boundtreeuniversity.com ... theyre all online, and if its between losing your certification/license and paying for CE this might help cover some.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Wait, there's agencies that offer ConEd in house?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

We do all ours in house including EMT-B and I and medic and they offer ConEd lectures at least once if not twice a month for like 5-10 bucks. Also we get paid our hourly wage during classes that are mandatory for certification and employment.

OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
We do all ours in house including EMT-B and I and medic and they offer ConEd lectures at least once if not twice a month for like 5-10 bucks. Also we get paid our hourly wage during classes that are mandatory for certification and employment.

We used to do them every weekend. I've been putting them off because I work weekends. Kind of regretting it now.

OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief