Massachusetts EMT Jobs

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Catlantic is hiring for the new contracts of Newburyport and the other AMR contracts in that area. Figure I'd throw that out there. If anyone wants the info PM me

Essentially all of the AMR contracts are being spread between other privates, although the full details aren't clear yet. This means that virtually every company will be hiring at some point soon, but again we don't know the details. If you're looking for a job, it is certainly prudent to apply, follow up and interview broadly, in the coming weeks or month.

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
Essentially all of the AMR contracts are being spread between other privates, although the full details aren't clear yet. This means that virtually every company will be hiring at some point soon, but again we don't know the details. If you're looking for a job, it is certainly prudent to apply, follow up and interview broadly, in the coming weeks or month.[/QUOTE

AMR has posting for Waltham, taunton, Brockton and Plymouth for emts/medics and a few dispatchers. They all said they were posted within the last week. That probably doesn't mean anything, but why would they put them up for if they are leaving MA?

legion1202

Forum Lieutenant
Medstar is hirin medics also.. They do IFT but a lot of backup 911. I just got hired 2 24hr shifts pay is ok.

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
Figure i'd bump this thread,

Brewster is taking over Plymouth soon. So I assume they'll be looking for people down there to help make the transition.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/plymouth...s-to-change-ambulance-companies#axzz2G7aPNOuK

I guess AMR is out of there...the article above states that they are leaving in 120 days...but the EMS rumor mill states it might be sooner than later.

An interesting quote was: “Last week, they let go all of the area operations managers in the state...That left just one individual to service the entire state"

:ph34r:Hmmmmm:ph34r:

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
Figure i'd bump this thread,

Brewster is taking over Plymouth soon. So I assume they'll be looking for people down there to help make the transition.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/plymouth...s-to-change-ambulance-companies#axzz2G7aPNOuK

I guess AMR is out of there...the article above states that they are leaving in 120 days...but the EMS rumor mill states it might be sooner than later.

An interesting quote was: “Last week, they let go all of the area operations managers in the state...That left just one individual to service the entire state"

:ph34r:Hmmmmm:ph34r:

I have a feeling you are going to see a lot of companies hiring soon lol. I don't predict AMR being here much longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

waffleiron

Forum Probie
Medstar is hirin medics also.. They do IFT but a lot of backup 911. I just got hired 2 24hr shifts pay is ok.

Medstar also does primary 911 too! They're the primary 911 for Fitchburg and they do ALS intercepts with Leominster, Lunenburg, Lancaster, Harvard, Devens, and Groton, and they're one of the backup 911 services for Worcester. It was the first place I worked as a paramedic and it will always have a special place in my heart. Most of the people there are awesome and there is an unusually high amount of managers and supervisors who are actually good people.

You'll see your share of emergency calls if you work up north in the Leominster area. If you work in the Metrowest area you'll do primarily IFT, but some of those calls will be more challenging than any emergency call. The hospitals out there like to send critical head bleeders into Boston on the vent with lots of meds running, and guess who's going to get them there?!

Legion, what shifts/trucks are you working on?

waffleiron

Forum Probie
Mondays in Metro on m39 and Fridays in Leominster on m7. I didn't pick up a lot of shifts in Worcester.

Also, it appears you are from FL as well, I was born and raised in Clearwater before moving up to Mass.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
How does the Fitchburg operation work with Fitchburg Fire also now staffing an ambulance?

legion1202

Forum Lieutenant
As in? We have m19 and m20..

There part of fitchburg ems.. Fitchburg also has a bls rescue that medstar bought for them.. 19 is in centeral st and 20 is at oak hill st.. When one of the trucks are out we send a truck from leominster

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
As in? We have m19 and m20..

There part of fitchburg ems.. Fitchburg also has a bls rescue that medstar bought for them.. 19 is in centeral st and 20 is at oak hill st.. When one of the trucks are out we send a truck from leominster

It's fairly rare to have to different EMS agencies that can both transport serving the city....

Some places that have fire department ambulances rarely transport with them and still have a private company respond along with them for the transport. Others use them as rehab only, you know things like that.

It sounds like Medstar provides ALS to Fitchburg and Fire tries to take BLS transports.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Just saw confirmation that Sherborn FD is hiring EMTs. http://www.sherbornma.org/pages/index
They're a call FD that staffs one ambulance out of their station. It's very slow (around 1 call/day) but it's a nice little town and from what I hear, a pretty good place to work as a second or part-time job. As far as I know, it will not give you any advantage if you want to become a full-time firefighter, there or anywhere else.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Just saw confirmation that Sherborn FD is hiring EMTs. http://www.sherbornma.org/pages/index
They're a call FD that staffs one ambulance out of their station. It's very slow (around 1 call/day) but it's a nice little town and from what I hear, a pretty good place to work as a second or part-time job. As far as I know, it will not give you any advantage if you want to become a full-time firefighter, there or anywhere else.

It is a nice town and they have a nice station and equipment. As far as I know they still do rely on call crews for firefighting, and it's only a bonus if the EMS crew is also FF certified.

Took my first ever first responder class from them.

BostonMedic

Forum Ride Along
Interesting news out of the Boston Private World. EasCare Ambulance has been aquired by a Canadian EMS company. I don't know what the plans are but this definately happened

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant

This is true...it is a nice little town. But since it isn't in the "metro-fire" system, and won't really give you a leg up beyond experience. I know a lot of private ems guys who work there, its not bad...just not a busy system so you won't cut your teeth all that hard there.

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
As an fyi to anyone interested Cataldo is hiring

Hiring Open House

Come Join Our Team!

Announcing our 16th Municipal Contract

CITY OF WALTHAM, MA

Post 440, 295 California Street, Newton, MA

Monday, January 14th 8am - 5pm

Now Hiring EMTs & Paramedics, Full/Part Time

EMTs & Paramedics Full/Part Time

Flexible 911 & Transfer Shifts Available

Sixteen 911 Emergency Contracts

Competitive Benefit & Pay Packages

Contracts with TOP Medical Centers

17 Locations throughout Greater Boston and the North Shore Area

Monday, January14th: 8 am - 5 pm

American Legion Post 440

295 California Street, Newton, MA

911fixer

Forum Probie
sherborne

I am a medic, does sherborne hire medics? Are they ALS equipped, and do they offer 24s?