IFT Companies So Cal

Demt

Forum Ride Along
Hello all! I recently became a certified EMT, graduated from UCLA prehospital center. Im looking for companies in the so cal area which primarily focus on, or only perform, IFT or non emergency medical transport. So far I have

PRN
Medcoast
Priority one
Goodfaith
Sunrise
Lynch
Premier Ambulance
caramedix

Can anyone add to this list? Or hopefully give me a heads up on some of these choices? Ive heard of horror stories and what not happening. Thanks for any and all input!

p.s. I did search the boards for this topic but I couldn't find anything geared specifically towards IFT, non-emergency. Everyones wants 911 action! Not me. lol.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
Hate to tell you this, you choose wrong career ;). You'll still deal with emergencies and roll up on car accidents regularly. Unless that's not what you meant by your post. If your looking to get on with IFT because you think itll be easier to land a job, that's not particularly true. Just an FYI.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
You can add AmeriCare, ProCare, MedReach, Pacific or Bowers, Lexicomm (I believe is what it's called), PRN, Premier, Calvary, Mission, Royal or Royalty, and theres a lot more!

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
Oh and FYI on shoreline. Don't work for them period. If you want to, feel free to private message me your number and I'll tell you all about them.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
AmbuServe
Alpha Ambulance
Medic-1
Lexxiom
Valley Medical Transport
Mission

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Oh and FYI on shoreline. Don't work for them period. If you want to, feel free to private message me your number and I'll tell you all about them.

One of my friends just got hired there haha

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
If you wanna hmu I'll give you the DL on the place. But let's just say the owner got fired from 3 major companies before starting shoreline and "allegedly" half of their equipment is stolen amr stuff. And their gurneys routinely fall apart with patients on them. And 95% of new hires are fired for no legitimate reason within the first month or two. And they run code 3 because they feel like it. And on and on and on.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
If you want the DL on P1 hit me up

OP
OP
D

Demt

Forum Ride Along
If you want the DL on P1 hit me up

I did two ride alongs with priority. People had their qualms but the majority of these seemed to be geared towards the work itself. Many wanted more actions or different work environments than what priority offered. I also heard things greatly improved once they unionized.

Thanks for the submissions! Some of those I didn't even know existed.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
IFT companies multiply faster then rabbits.

JPINFV

Gadfly
IFT companies multiply faster then rabbits.

To be fair, at least with Pacific and Lynch have been around for a long time. Lynch went through a lot of upper management changes since I left, so I don't feel like I can give a current review of the company. However they do still at least have the CHOC transport contract which says something about the stability of the company.

Elite
Impulse
Gentle care transport inc.
Mission ambulance
Gentle ride ambulance
Schaefer
Medlife ambulance
Aegis
West coast ambulance
Care
Premier
American professional ambulance
Firstmed
Good shepherd
Patriot
And so much more!!!!!

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Elite
Impulse
Gentle care transport inc.
Mission ambulance
Gentle ride ambulance
Schaefer
Medlife ambulance
Aegis
West coast ambulance
Care
Premier
American professional ambulance
Firstmed
Good shepherd
Patriot
And so much more!!!!!
Patriot is no longer around.

Replace that with United lol

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
the best place to find a company is the LA County EMS Agency website. They have a list of all the approved county providers, along with a list of all the providers who have applications for a county license in progress.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Love how the one I work for hasn't been mentioned. It must be too awesome.

I didn't say it because at least in this area Ahhhh My Ride (JP has a better name for it haha) is pretty much the main 911 provider lol.

JPINFV

Gadfly
AMR is great because there's just so many options for Another M____ Responds.