If you could work at any EMS company or agency in the U.S. ...

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
So just out of curiosity what is it that would make a person consider Delaware? Lol I always see DEmedic say nothing but good things but what does it really. I'm contemplating getting my P card after realizing I became the EMT old dude who should have gotten his P card awhile ago lie maybe 5 years ago. Smh.

Me personally, I'm looking for a change of scenery. Spent my entire life in Massachusetts, looking for something a little different!

I heard good things about SCEMS, so I went and rode with them for a few days, and was really impressed. Nice stations, good equipment, nice atmosphere from what I saw. The beaches are a plus too. Plus it's near DC, one of my favorite places to visit and I have a good friend who lives in that area. Cost of living is way cheaper than where I currently am too! The environment overall in Delaware seems more relaxed than it is in Massachusetts too, which I enjoyed.

Definitely not as much to do in Delaware, but nowhere is perfect!

Parameduck

Forum Crew Member
In Oregon it would very multnomah county (amr) and western Lane. In Washington it would be south king County medic one. In California it would be with the San Francisco fire dept.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Me personally, I'm looking for a change of scenery. Spent my entire life in Massachusetts, looking for something a little different!

I heard good things about SCEMS, so I went and rode with them for a few days, and was really impressed. Nice stations, good equipment, nice atmosphere from what I saw. The beaches are a plus too. Plus it's near DC, one of my favorite places to visit and I have a good friend who lives in that area. Cost of living is way cheaper than where I currently am too! The environment overall in Delaware seems more relaxed than it is in Massachusetts too, which I enjoyed.

Definitely not as much to do in Delaware, but nowhere is perfect!

Looked at their requirements for apply just out of curiosity and some of the stuff they require is quite over the top.... A copy of your national registry test results, and a letter from your paramedic program...???? They also want a letter from each state you're licensed in ensuring your certification is valid and in good standing. I am licensed in four, and getting the District to just get me my card on time during renewal is a months long process, let alone a letter....

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
With online verification, they no longer require your test results. That's a left over from the old days. They do require a form to be completed from all that states where you've been certified. Took me about a day to get all mine completed. The letter from your paramedic program is also an easy one.

The application process for SCEMS is pretty straight forward.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
With online verification, they no longer require your test results. That's a left over from the old days. They do require a form to be completed from all that states where you've been certified. Took me about a day to get all mine completed. The letter from your paramedic program is also an easy one.

The application process for SCEMS is pretty straight forward.
Not if your program no longer exists...