How would you get this patient out??

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well, if the fire department has an aerial platform or basket, it would be easy. Alternatively, see if they could borrow a cherry picker from the power company.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Look at the ladder. Why did he put the ladder on the OTHER side, climb over the hood, and then get in that position?

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Look at the ladder. Why did he put the ladder on the OTHER side, climb over the hood, and then get in that position?

Yeah, I noticed that too (see page 1). Strange :wacko::unsure:

Small_Town_EMT

Forum Probie
I think the quickest and safest way of extracting the driver in the case of their needing imobalization would be to:
1 - Use a KED to imobalize and stabalize the neck and back
2 - Rig up a pulley system from the bridge for a Stokes and the extraction team
3 - Rig the Stokes to the pulley system with a LBB in the stokes
4 - With the rescue team suspended and Stokes suspended from the bridge, extract the driver
5 - Lower the team and Stokes to the ground

firefighter170

Forum Probie
I am on a neighbouring dept, I however was not onscene. But to answer the vest question this incident was a number of years ago, before we had to wear the vest.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I am on a neighbouring dept, I however was not onscene. But to answer the vest question this incident was a number of years ago, before we had to wear the vest.
170, do you know what kind of equipment is avaliable?

And even if they didn't have qeuipment avaliable, that's still weird that the put the ladder on the other side and climbed over the hood.

firefighter170

Forum Probie
That dept has an 85 foot aerial, and we have a county wide rescue team which specializes in rope rescue. I was actually out of town when this happened, I got a phone call about it the next day, but next time I see one of the guys from their I'll ask how they got the patient out and will post it on here.EDIT: they have 2 85 footers and 1 75 footer

Last edited by a moderator: