How old were you?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Open water Lifeguard at 18, EMT-B at 19, EMT-I at 21, started working as an I around the same time. Paramedic exam is in a couple of weeks at 22 then hopefully right into an FTO period.

shannonlovesth

Forum Probie
Basically grew up around EMS. Started riding as a cadet at 16. Certified as EMT-B at 17. NJ doesn't have EMT-I and stuff anymore. Currently at 19 going to school for critical care nursing. Goal is to became an NP in critical care and trauma.

shannonlovesth

Forum Probie
What does that mean?

I just say critical care nursing because I wanna work in a trauma/ICU environment also would love to work with Air Medical. When I went for my interview for my nursing school that is what they called it when I told them where I would like to work after I graduate. For some reason it also says it on one of my transcripts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott33

Forum Asst. Chief
Just remember your NCLEX exam is going to cover all aspects of nursing, not just the exciting stuff. I seem to remember that I had loads of questions on psych nursing - something I dragged myself through at school.

shannonlovesth

Forum Probie
Just remember your NCLEX exam is going to cover all aspects of nursing, not just the exciting stuff. I seem to remember that I had loads of questions on psych nursing - something I dragged myself through at school.

Oh I know. Just good to remind myself of my goal to get through some of the hard stuff ya know. Right now i'm going in to my last batch of Pre-reqs before heading to the nursing program (duel admission with a community college to save some money) so I still have a long way to go.

And I will actually dragging myself through a Developmental Psych course this summer.

Emt-B at 24

Will finish Paramedic school at 25

heatherabel3

Forum Lieutenant
Starting EMT-B school next month, I'm 29. Hoping to have a job by 30 and in medic school by 31-32.

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
EMT-B like two or three months after my 18th birthday. Hopefully at this rate, medic maybe a month or two after my 21st birthday.

NREMTroe

Forum Crew Member
I was 18 when I got EMT and I'll be 20 when I get my medic in a month.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Dear god it's a necropost, but not too bad sicne always a fun topic. I was 20 when I got my EMT-B and started working in the field. Now I'm 24 and a medic.

BeachBumm

Forum Ride Along
Well dang. I got a late start. Just got Intermediate less than two weeks before my 32nd birthday. All I can say, at least I got here.

MRSA

Forum Crew Member
I was 20 when I even LEARNED what an EMT was (I called the ambulance drivers or 'wee-ohs') and by 23 I was already in class and working within that same range :)

SSwain

Forum Captain
I am a late bloomer.

ponytail

Forum Probie
*hopefully* EMT-B at 37 (waiting for test results now), planning to start working on a medic degree soon.
Wait. I'm 37? When did I get that old? :D

Charlton

Forum Probie
It's encouraging to see so many people in my age range (will be 41 when finished with the class). I tried replying the same to Smoke14 via a positive PM he sent about people he's hired, but I don't have enough posts for the site to let me.

I spent some good time in the Army in my 20s so I know I can fall directly into the regimented lifestyle. In orientation, the instructor said he likes the life wisdom that comes from older students, but to watch out for "knowing it all". Luckily I am already self-aware enough not to do that.