How old are you?

Youngin

Forum Crew Member
Premium Member

My advice to someone who is starting their first job would be to respect the people who already work there, don't run your mouth, and to listen more than you talk the first few weeks so you can get a feel for your co-workers and the system you're at in general.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
20, and networking is the most important part of getting a job.

no, wait, I should rephrase that.... networking is the most important part of getting a GOOD job.
It has been brought to my attention that I made a typo on this post. I am actually 30, not 20.

Sorry for any who were confused by my 2am typo. the 2 and the 3 are right next to each other on the keyboard.

hope this clears up any confusion.

medicman14

Forum Crew Member
I've been in EMS all of my adult life.
There is a lot of good advice stated so far.
Mine is: Just because it isn't an emergency to you, doesn't mean it's not an emergency to your patient, so be kind and do your best.

OP
OP
Always BSI

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Some really good advice in this topic!

Ive been having a blast during my Field training. Still getting used to the gurney ;)

PVC

Forum Crew Member
I am 45 years old.

What advice would I give? Give your "soft skills" the same importance as your paramedical knowledge. Most of your patients are in as much emotional pain as they are physical. Treat them with kindness and respect.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
23. Find a real job. Until then, do the work that's given you, do it ethically and well, and don't b:censored:h about it.

codethree

Forum Crew Member
20, always keep learning, treat the patient not the illness. meaning that your patient may have the same injury or illness but have different signs/symptoms. If you treat everyone the same you are bound to miss something.

abulldog

Forum Ride Along
I'm 42.

You never know who your patient is or what they may have done/accomplished in their life. Treat them all the way you would want to be treated yourself.

hoop762

Forum Crew Member

Don't just treat your patients, care for them and care about them. If you can get that down, everything else is gravy.

ipkes

More than Active
23 years old, next thing to look forward to is turning 25 so i can finally rent a car :lol: after that its all downhill haha:rofl:

Achilles

Forum Moron
23 years old, next thing to look forward to is turning 25 so i can finally rent a car :lol: after that its all downhill haha:rofl:

35 so you can run for president!