Has anyone ever passed the NREMT-P exam with 150 questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Guess the OP didn't pass.:sad:

rodz77

Forum Ride Along
I passed first time at 150...I too felt that some things I had never heard of and to be honest I felt defeated leaving that place . Got my results and I passed. Thankfully!

HardWorking

Forum Probie
Is that last theory question right?? had 150 and I’m sure I got the last one wrong, I just looked it up. It actually wasn’t that bad tho. I knew majority of the questions, but there were like 5-7 I’ve never heard of. The last question thing is really freaking me out and I tested today a Friday too, so I know results won’t be in until Monday

TX PFMedic

Forum Ride Along
Passed with 150. Had some tough questions between 120-135 and from there are on it seemed pretty smooth sailing as the questions got easier. I know I got the last question right but I am not sure I believe in the last question theory.

firemandave7

Forum Ride Along
I passed the test with 150 questions the first time....I think it's very wrong of that guy to say that "most" people who take the test with 150 failed. There are many young people on this thread that are reading this waiting for results who are on edge. Yes, I'm a guy who took the state test many many many years ago, retired, took another job in another state only taking the written CAT to get my state certification. I will tell you...after many years of reading comments on the NREMT process, they need to cut it out and stop making this so difficult for young people trying to work in this field. There is already a paramedic shortage, no need to make it worse.

firemandave7

Forum Ride Along
We are all a lot older now LOL! I took my FF in 1987 at 17 and my EMT in 1988 at 18....I'm turning 50 next month and being a FF/PM is still the best job in the world. I wish they would pay paramedics what we are worth. I will tell you....I think the low unemployment rate, the lack of people wanting to do blue collar work, great economy etc etc I believe most areas will see 20$ an hour paramedics in the future as they are paying in some areas now. The biggest problem is, small communities that don't have or will not spend the tax dollars to pay their paramedics what they are worth. I feel the federal government should stop funding middle eastern countries that don't like us and give federal grants to small communities to pay for ALS service and paramedics. Rant over, be safe :)

Jess2441

Forum Ride Along
I have been out of the field for 12 years. I took a refresher course and got credits to recertify. So that means retesting. I took the first test and had 90 questions and failed. I just retook it yesterday and got 150 questions. Some of them were so hard and I have never heard of the stuff being asked. I am hoping those were the 10-15 throw in questions. I feel horrible about it. I am scared to even look for my results.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I have been out of the field for 12 years. I took a refresher course and got credits to recertify. So that means retesting. I took the first test and had 90 questions and failed. I just retook it yesterday and got 150 questions. Some of them were so hard and I have never heard of the stuff being asked. I am hoping those were the 10-15 throw in questions. I feel horrible about it. I am scared to even look for my results.
Anyone who’s been out for 15 years needs an entire new class.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I've been an EMT since 1999... I took my NREMT exam, after working in the field since 1999 in one capacity or another, in 2014... I won't lie there were questions that I asked that I had no idea about. seriously, no clue (mostly related to ob/gyn).

If you haven't been involved since 2010, you need a full class, not just a refresher. there have been quite a few changes since you stopped being involved, likely more than a simple refresher can cover.

Jess2441

Forum Ride Along
I've been an EMT since 1999... I took my NREMT exam, after working in the field since 1999 in one capacity or another, in 2014... I won't lie there were questions that I asked that I had no idea about. seriously, no clue (mostly related to ob/gyn).

If you haven't been involved since 2010, you need a full class, not just a refresher. there have been quite a few changes since you stopped being involved, likely more than a simple refresher can cover.
And I also worked with a paramedic instructor who also was out for ten years and took a refresher and retested and is now teaching. I’ve studied for almost a year and worked with various professionals. I didn’t just take a quick refresher and think I was good to go.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Closing this before it gets out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.