HALL AMBULANCE

May you Rest In Peace Mr. Hall. [emoji853]

This is most definitely sad news.

You guys think his wife will follow the $$$ and sell to AMR?

Not saying I want it to happen but I heard he was the only thing in the way of that happening.

Deleted reply.

Last edited:

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
This is most definitely sad news.

You guys think his wife will follow the $$$ and sell to AMR?

Not saying I want it to happen but I heard he was the only thing in the way of that happening.
Anyone could make a guess, but it would be just that; a guess.

I think that that discussion is unnecessary and would produce no valuable dialogue.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Anyone wanna make around 24-26 an hour in an all 911 service without state taxes?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm...if the firefighting thing in Hawaii doesn't work out, Texas dies seem like a better fallback option than back to California lol (though so far so good lol...tho I'd prob try out for EMS here before EMS halfway, and half again across the country lol!)
(That and since I'm more than half considering re-enlisting into the Natl Guard/Reserves, and the USARs only Infantry unit is in Hawaii...Texas dies have an Airborne Infantry Brigade itself which makes it an even better fallback point if the unthinkable should happen haha) (though I'd be looking for a service relatively near the coastline where I can also do part time vollie/paid on call fire-rescue as well as the 911 medic agency y'all are talking about hahaha...as long as it's not an agency with 2years testing/hiring process ugh)

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I've always had a lot of respect for what Mr. Hall built and the working environment he created for his employees. My condolences to the entire Hall Ambulance family.

michael150

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys, quick question about Hall! How are they with school? I want to go to UC Bakersfield and I’m just wondering how pliable scheduling is. I’m a paramedic and if I applied and moved, I’d have about a year of experience. Thanks so much!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Hey guys, quick question about Hall! How are they with school? I want to go to UC Bakersfield and I’m just wondering how pliable scheduling is. I’m a paramedic and if I applied and moved, I’d have about a year of experience. Thanks so much!
Assuming you meant Cal State Bakersfield (CSUB) and you’re seeking FT employment, your schedule is your schedule.

What you do with your off-time is essentially on you; they don’t routinely go out of their way to accommodate your school schedule. They still like career-minded paramedics, but they’re always looking for people.

The year of experience might put you slightly above the brand new paramedic base salary (no clue what it is currently). You will most likely start off in metro Bakersfield on a 12 hour shift, but can move around the various outlying 24 and 48-hour stations with a fair amount of ease; these make schoolwork much easier.

I have to ask~ what program at CSUB would be worth a move here?

michael150

Forum Crew Member
Assuming you meant Cal State Bakersfield (CSUB) and you’re seeking FT employment, your schedule is your schedule.

What you do with your off-time is essentially on you; they don’t routinely go out of their way to accommodate your school schedule. They still like career-minded paramedics, but they’re always looking for people.

The year of experience might put you slightly above the brand new paramedic base salary (no clue what it is currently). You will most likely start off in metro Bakersfield on a 12 hour shift, but can move around the various outlying 24 and 48-hour stations with a fair amount of ease; these make schoolwork much easier.

I have to ask~ what program at CSUB would be worth a move here?

VentMonkey, thanks for the information! When you get to 24s or 48s, is it a set rotating schedule or is it when you want and can work?

Understandably they want career minded individuals. That’s a good question about CSUB and without going into my who life history, I am looking at medical school in the next 5 years. I’m addition to my medic, I have maybe a year of undergrad knocked out (none of which are pre-med sciences). It wouldn’t really be CSUB that I would be moving for but really the job and to get back to the west coast. Being from Las Vegas, my fiancé and I loved California as everyone probably does. When I finished paramedic here, I started working IFT when I’m looking for more 911. My fiancé finished nursing school at Creighton last month and just passed boards. It’s more that we are looking to get out of Omaha.

Ultimately I want to be an EM doc and do an EMS fellowship but until I get the amazing acceptance letter, EMS is my career and I would much rather be in a great company and good system to gain knowledge and experience.

Thanks!