HALL AMBULANCE

ghost02

CA Flight Paramedic
You'll hear back in about a week.

Oops, just saw tr speed already answered. Good luck then!

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Be aware that Hall is reluctant to hire people with a Fire Dept background, so if you don't hear back, that may be why. In that event, reply without the fire Dept on your resume.

However, generally they are worried about people leaving for the fire dept; you're doing the opposite.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Be aware that Hall is reluctant to hire people with a Fire Dept background, so if you don't hear back, that may be why. In that event, reply without the fire Dept on your resume.

However, generally they are worried about people leaving for the fire dept; you're doing the opposite.
The way ems should be.

Medic209

Forum Ride Along
Good Evening guys, so I made a call to HR and left a message. Less than 20min later I received a call from HR to schedule a second interview with the Assistant Operations manager. I'm wearing a suit to the interview and bringing some PT gear. Any pointers for the second round interview? I was gonna hand a resume to the Ops. manager but the only down side is my current position is a FF/Apparatus operator, my previous job before that was for CALFIRE, and previous to that I worked for several EMS companies and was an adjunct EMT-B instructor for a private college. Should I put my current occupation as well as all my EMS experience on my resume or just my EMS experience??? -Thank you.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
If you made it to the second interview they want to hire you. It's basically sitting down with the ops mgr so he can see you're not a ****, and tolerable to talk to for a few minutes. You should be fine including all your experience, as long as you emphasize that Hall is where you want to make a career, and fire is behind you, it rubbed you the wrong way, you didn't like it and just wanted to do EMS all along, whatever. They want to see you as a career paramedic who they'll be able to retain for years.
Good luck

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Congrats. It sounds like we may be seeing you in the orange and blue colors soon!

Medic209

Forum Ride Along
26k was the offer with my "experience". Website says emt "start" at 29k. What is the disconnect here?

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
@Medic209
Step 1 is 29,529 just looked. For new emt. If you just did the math for your hourly. You have done your math wrong., is all.
Step 1: 14.20 on 40hr work week.

Last edited:

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
You must have done the math wrong. I've never heard them refer to salary except on the website. Everything else is hourly.

Medic209

Forum Ride Along
So I drove 800 plus + for a thanks but no thanks. I have too many certs, degrees(which are fire related).