HALL AMBULANCE

Jondoe5150

Forum Probie
So average of like 4 shifts a week? How long have you been there? And I keep reading comments about them raising the pay? Do you know what the increase is suppose to be?

Jondoe5150

Forum Probie
Oh wow... That's a pretty decent raise. Is that like a yearly thing or is this just something they are doing this time around?

Jondoe5150

Forum Probie
Ok so just out of curiosity, if anyone knows, I applied on Monday, and then got the notification email to do the personality test they have you do. I did that yesterday as well, does anyone know what the next phase is and how long it will typically take to hear something? And as of now, my EMT cert is not registered in Kern county, I am from a different county, would you recommend I switch to kern before a possible interview? Thanks in advance

ghost02

CA Flight Paramedic
You don't need to switch to Kern as long as you have your gray state card to apply. All kern specific things are done during training.

Jondoe5150

Forum Probie
You don't need to switch to Kern as long as you have your gray state card to apply. All kern specific things are done during training.

Perfect. Thank you for the reply. I was just worried cause I think on the job posting it says they require kern county so just wanted to make sure.

CaliEmt619

Forum Probie
Ok so just out of curiosity, if anyone knows, I applied on Monday, and then got the notification email to do the personality test they have you do. I did that yesterday as well, does anyone know what the next phase is and how long it will typically take to hear something? And as of now, my EMT cert is not registered in Kern county, I am from a different county, would you recommend I switch to kern before a possible interview? Thanks in advance
Just wondering if you heard back from them since taking the assessment ? I just did my Behavioral assessment yesterday.

Jondoe5150

Forum Probie
Just wondering if you heard back from them since taking the assessment ? I just did my Behavioral assessment yesterday.

I have not heard anything yet. I did my assessment last Wed or Thurs. I was hoping someone on here could give a time frame from which you hear anything after doing the assessment. If I didnt hear anything by Friday I was thinking of just calling

CaliEmt619

Forum Probie
I heard from a friend who used to be in HR for a gas station that its better if you only choose "Strongly Agree" or "Strongly Disagree" try not to choose anything in between.

It takes about a week or two before decisions are made in regards to interviews. I know right now we are looking to start up another academy, so I can only imagine that HR is pretty busy.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I keep hearing how great Hall is to work for.

I make 55k a year as a medic and FTO and get dragged through the dirt every day at work as far as volume.

Tired of posting, tired of running UHUs of 0.8 and higher every day. I love the West Coast and my girl isn't keen on going super far from here, seem like Hall would be an option?

I'm looking for a career but I'd like to not have to sit in a box all day of work OT to have enough cash to do anything fun.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief

I make 55k a year as a medic and FTO and get dragged through the dirt every day at work as far as volume.

Tired of posting, tired of running UHUs of 0.8 and higher every day. I love the West Coast and my girl isn't keen on going super far from here, seem like Hall would be an option?

I'm looking for a career but I'd like to not have to sit in a box all day of work OT to have enough cash to do anything fun.
Well the nice thing is medics make that and more here. Also the cost of living is low for California.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief

Here's the thing. As you know there is pros and cons everywhere man. Off the top of my head I can say there is no readily available snow mobiling here lol we don't have intermediates to let attend our calls(although the plan this yr is to be able to downgrade the call to bls and have a bls unit show up and take the pt), or tems medics. Although here Mr hall compensates and loves to recognize his employees. We have 14 rural stations with mostly dual unit deployment. Benefits are fully paid for my employer. Very nice top of the line equipment. Flight medics and great new medical director. Ofcoarse there is many other things to think of but this is just a start. What's the point in making more money or same with less work but not being happy because you can't easily do the things you love, and being far from family. Not trying to discourage you brother. Btw how many yrs of total exp. Emt and medic

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Here's the thing. As you know there is pros and cons everywhere man. Off the top of my head I can say there is no readily available snow mobiling here lol we don't have intermediates to let attend our calls(although the plan this yr is to be able to downgrade the call to bls and have a bls unit show up and take the pt), or tems medics. Although here Mr hall compensates and loves to recognize his employees. We have 14 rural stations with mostly dual unit deployment. Benefits are fully paid for my employer. Very nice top of the line equipment. Flight medics and great new medical director. Ofcoarse there is many other things to think of but this is just a start. What's the point in making more money or same with less work but not being happy because you can't easily do the things you love, and being far from family. Not trying to discourage you brother. Btw how many yrs of total exp. Emt and medic

Definitely pros and cons to everywhere.

I've got 4.5 years combined. Mostly all medic though.

CaliEmt619

Forum Probie
So i got a call today to set up an interview, unfortunately i was unable to schedule it due to me just getting hired at Rural Metro down here in SD and my orientation is M-F 8-5pm so the HR lady who contacted me said i can call her after my first week of orientation and hopefully ill have a schedule that will allow me to set up a interview i feel HALL is a better opportunity but i cant really do anything about my situation here ****ty but im hoping it works out..

So i got a call today to set up an interview, unfortunately i was unable to schedule it due to me just getting hired at Rural Metro down here in SD and my orientation is M-F 8-5pm so the HR lady who contacted me said i can call her after my first week of orientation and hopefully ill have a schedule that will allow me to set up a interview i feel HALL is a better opportunity but i cant really do anything about my situation here ****ty but im hoping it works out..
As someone who migrated from R/M San Diego to Hall Ambulance, I can say without a doubt, I am much happier here. If I were you, I'd do everything in my power to make that interview with Hall Ambulance happen.

CaliEmt619

Forum Probie
I want to, but what am I to do ? Im hoping that after my 1 week of orientation at RM they will give me my regular schedule and I will then be able to schedule that interview. How long was your orientation at RM SD ?