HALL AMBULANCE

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
There are still companies that do exactly that, with Hall Ambulance there for transport.

I'm well aware of that but this was years ago and I believe Harvey had issue with the fact we had our own box.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm well aware of that but this was years ago and I believe Harvey had issue with the fact we had our own box.
So you were providing ambulance services in someone else's EOA, and taking their business, without their permission? That doesn't really sound unreasonable on their part.

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
So you were providing ambulance services in someone else's EOA, and taking their business, without their permission? That doesn't really sound unreasonable on their part.

Like I said we did not transport except to where a Hall ambulance could get to. The box was there so we could stabilize and treat life threatening injuries before we would transfer the patient to an arriving Hall ambulance. It was modified as well so it had offroading capability something Hall didn't have at the time. This eliminated the need to put someone on a backboard in the back of a chase truck. We ran our modified box and one emergency chase truck for events. We offered what Hall didn't have the capability to do. It would be different if Hall had the ability.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Like I said we did not transport except to where a Hall ambulance could get to. The box was there so we could stabilize and treat life threatening injuries before we would transfer the patient to an arriving Hall ambulance. It was modified as well so it had offroading capability something Hall didn't have at the time. This eliminated the need to put someone on a backboard in the back of a chase truck. We ran our modified box and one emergency chase truck for events. We offered what Hall didn't have the capability to do. It would be different if Hall had the ability.
Standby is generally still covered under EOAs. Also, this must have been quite a while ago. Hall has had 4x4 units for a long time.

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
Standby is generally still covered under EOAs. Also, this must have been quite a while ago. Hall has had 4x4 units for a long time.

4x4 and off-road capability is different. We had front and rear air lockers, true beadlocks with air down ability, and disconnects plus more travel than one would ever need. Plenty of times I can remember when we needed it.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
4x4 and off-road capability is different. We had front and rear air lockers, true beadlocks with air down ability, and disconnects plus more travel than one would ever need. Plenty of times I can remember when we needed it.
Where were you providing standby services?

I am an experienced off roader, and while most EMTs aren't, I can't imagine a standby area that requires beadlocks and air lockers.

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
Where were you providing standby services?

I am an experienced off roader, and while most EMTs aren't, I can't imagine a standby area that requires beadlocks and air lockers.

Out towards Mojave this was years ago. Mostly for rock crawling events and some class 1 stuff. I long ago fled Kalifornia for greener pastors lol

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Out towards Mojave this was years ago. Mostly for rock crawling events and some class 1 stuff. I long ago fled Kalifornia for greener pastors lol
Well a box ambulance has no business rock climbing in any regard haha.

Did you find your pastor in Texas?

3cc5b4d5543d68e6d93c3cda7ce9729c.jpg

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
Well a box ambulance has no business rock climbing in any regard haha.

Did you find your pastor in Texas?

3cc5b4d5543d68e6d93c3cda7ce9729c.jpg

Oh looking back I agree that a box getting technical is not the greatest idea. Every quarter panel was crunched lol. I see what you did there bravo lol.

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
Haha true. But did you ever see how far it made it before it blew the trans? Haha

No I didn't but they still claim to have run the Baja and have tons of pictures on their website as there claim to fame. What I find is funny is they started off in a small town like Bishop and blew up thanks to their medical directors connections.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
No I didn't but they still claim to have run the Baja and have tons of pictures on their website as there claim to fame. What I find is funny is they started off in a small town like Bishop and blew up thanks to their medical directors connections.
The made it a few hundred miles and the trans burned up. But they did enter, and that's cool haha. It was a retired ambulance with minimal modification.

How big are they? I thought they had maybe a few small contracts but mostly did standby

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
I just looked and noticed Grange finally stole the company from Judd Symons. Talk about take over. "I built you so I'm taking it over."

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
The made it a few hundred miles and the trans burned up. But they did enter, and that's cool haha. It was a retired ambulance with minimal modification.

How big are they? I thought they had maybe a few small contracts but mostly did standby

They do a lot of standby but got into the more urban areas of San Bernardino. If I remember right Grange was one of the heads at Loma Linda while also the director at Symons. So because of that they really blew up.

I cannot comment on the incident as I was not involved, however I'm glad our crew is okay.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Holly Molly....definitely glad the crew is alright, but RIP to the truck driver and the woman. Sounds like a no win situation that could happen most anywhere, I know for sure if I show up on scene somewhere and the patient pulls a knife on me, I'm not going to risk getting stabbed and let them take the rig..