HALL AMBULANCE

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You guys are talking about EMT Pay right? how much more does a medic take home per pay period?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
That's not bad at all. Hall is pretty much as Texan as Cali gets.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
That's not bad at all. Hall is pretty much as Texan as Cali gets.
Santa Clara has some decent protocols. But I'm hoping our new medical director will push us forward. In his first few months he has already rewritten protocols, and held an open forum for EMS to attend to discuss the future. I've also personally talked with him a few times one-on-one

Jondoe5150

Forum Probie
Santa Clara has some decent protocols. But I'm hoping our new medical director will push us forward. In his first few months he has already rewritten protocols, and held an open forum for EMS to attend to discuss the future. I've also personally talked with him a few times one-on-one

But santa clara blows regardless right now cause R/M is such a joke. Completely ruined EMS in santa clara county. Such a mess. I wanted to work there but hear its not worth the risk cause they have no problem hiring and firing for no reason

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
But santa clara blows regardless right now cause R/M is such a joke. Completely ruined EMS in santa clara county. Such a mess. I wanted to work there but hear its not worth the risk cause they have no problem hiring and firing for no reason
As a former R/M employee I agree. I was laid off and rehired 28 days later.

Jondoe5150

Forum Probie
I dont even know how they exist anymore. I watched the transition from amr to R/M and never thought I would see the day that the crews would be dying to have amr back. Lol

Tiger09

Forum Probie
How much does a hall medic make on a 24? I know the 12s go 3/4 every two weeks, what's a 24 schedule like? I'm thinking about making the commute from SFV, I can't stand IFT anymore...

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
And I saw on the recruitment page that medics can make up to 80k before ot...how is that possible?
"Up to" $80k. Before we had that cap you could get raises every year until you retire. We have several medics and emts making over 100k because they were grandfathered from before the wage cap.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Well now they cap at 80k but at the end of the yr they will get bonus check in a lump sum of whatever raise they would get. But there hourly will not change. So say it's a 3% they will get 3%of 80k as a lump sum.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Also let's not forget about the rewards every 5 years. How much is the 15 year vacation voucher? $1500? And the rollex can't be cheap either.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Yes different hourly depending on shift although You will make the same yearly no matter what shift with no extra shifts. Obviously on a 24 or 48 you will have the opportunity no make more just because you have more available days off a month.

Tiger09

Forum Probie
I've been a Paramedic for 17yrs. I worked in Ventura County, CA for AMR. I quit the job to try something new, but I miss the rig and the calls. I'm interviewing with Hall in two days. How's the interview process and does Hall pay for experience? Do they start everyone at $40,000? Thank you for your time.
Are you working at hall now? I'm about to finish medic school and I'm try to decide whether to go amr ventura or hall as a career. What's medic pay like for ventura and scheduling?

Tiger09

Forum Probie
Yes different hourly depending on shift although You will make the same yearly no matter what shift with no extra shifts. Obviously on a 24 or 48 you will have the opportunity no make more just because you have more available days off a month.
Thanks for the info!

EMT2015

Forum Captain
As someone from San Jose who is looking in to companies, Hall is now on my list. Hmmm.......thinking about it.

As someone from San Jose who is looking in to companies, Hall is now on my list. Hmmm.......thinking about it.
Good choice. Great equipment. Great experience.