HALL AMBULANCE

I want to, but what am I to do ? Im hoping that after my 1 week of orientation at RM they will give me my regular schedule and I will then be able to schedule that interview. How long was your orientation at RM SD ?
Orientation at R/M San Diego was roughly a week and a half. It's been almost 8 months since I left R/M so things could have changed since then.

And how soon was it till they gave you your set schedule ? @CodeBru1984
Usually by the end of classroom orientation, as long as you complete the orientation checklist (ICS courses, etc) prior to the end of orientation, which can be done as long as you're diligent about it.

CaliEmt619

Forum Probie
Thanks for the info @CodeBru1984 ... I hope I can set up an interview she said she'll be expecting my call on July 6th so hopefully by then ill have my set schedule if I dont I might have to just ask for another week. Also, Is it normal to make over 2000$ a month working as a step 1 EMT for HALL ?

Honestly, I'm not sure what a step 1 EMT pay pre tax deductions is at the end of the month without OT factored in. Perhaps one of my coworkers can answer that, @TRSpeed.

See... One of my coworkers answered your question pretty quickly! :)

CaliEmt619

Forum Probie
That doesnt sound bad at all. Im definitely the workaholic type of guy so working overtime as much as i can would be ok with me .. My current job now BLS IFT I can work 100+ hrs and I'll get a lil over 1000$ . Lol not cool

That doesnt sound bad at all. Im definitely the workaholic type of guy so working overtime as much as i can would be ok with me .. My current job now BLS IFT I can work 100+ hrs and I'll get a lil over 1000$ . Lol not cool
And what company is that? (Message me if you don't want to publicly announce who you are currently employed by).

Ya with 100 hrs you will bring home 1200 plus
No wonder my paycheck always looks so good... Until I see the amount of taxes that are taken out. :(

Lol I worked 105 hrs last check and made like 1600 haha minus taxes ofcoarse
Before or after taxes? And yeah, I made roughly the same amount last pay period as well and had easily over 100 hours in 2 weeks.

CaliEmt619

Forum Probie
Lol I worked 105 hrs last check and made like 1600 haha minus taxes ofcoarse
Dude thats legit, ofcourse my company doesn't pay OT after 8 hrs only after 80 hrs in a pay period . And 24s are only 15 hrs paid unless we get a call after 10pm any calls after 10pm is +2 hrs

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I work quite a bit, but I regularly bring home $1400 per paycheck, after tax as a step one EMT (with a small bump for being CCT). It's definitely worth the move financially and morally.

Also cost of living is not even comparable to SD.

I work quite a bit, but I regularly bring home $1400 per paycheck, after tax as a step one EMT (with a small bump for being CCT). It's definitely worth the move financially and morally.

Also cost of living is not even comparable to SD.
I pay more for rent here than I did in SD... But then again, I don't live in the ghetto either.

Last edited: