Gerber Ambulance Contract (Torrance, CA)

So Cal EMT

Forum Probie
Has anyone been getting interviews with Mccormick? Have they started hiring yet? Are they actually rolling in Torrance yet?

mike1390

Forum Captain
better get on this hiring boom MC is gunna staff 5 24hr units for torrance. with 3 shifts per unit... you can do the math, plus we have a lot of people leaving.. today is actually my last day. We arnt in Torrance yet but yes the hiring has started a class just started their FTO training. McCormick does things right it will be the torrance 48/96 schedule, and they have all brand new rigs sitting ready to go for torrance.

please refer back to my older posts but i gotta say it... Told ya so.

Last edited by a moderator:

MedicJon88

Forum Crew Member
Looks like the EMS god(s) spared Gerber Amb from its doomed fate... The Torrance City Council went against the Fire Department's recommendation and renewed the contract with Gerber instead of signing with Mccormick.

At least it will push Gerber into the 21st century with CAD (yeah they didn't have one) and hopefully better working situtation for the EMTs...

We can only hope...

terrible one

Always wandering
Looks like the EMS god(s) spared Gerber Amb from its doomed fate... The Torrance City Council went against the Fire Department's recommendation and renewed the contract with Gerber instead of signing with Mccormick.

At least it will push Gerber into the 21st century with CAD (yeah they didn't have one) and hopefully better working situtation for the EMTs...

We can only hope...

Doubtful

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
wait so mccormick isn't hiring anymore since they didn't get the contract?

If you're trying to find somebody hiring, do the footwork and give them a call. Most people, including myself will not announce that info freely to the world until we've secured a posistion ourselves.