Gerber Ambulance Contract (Torrance, CA)

Acetone

Forum Probie
I wonder if they're still hiring. I sent an app in not too long ago. Although, seems like not too many people have good things to say about Gerber. It's too bad about the Santa Monica contract.

Acetone

Forum Probie
Also, I've read on this forum that Gerber does IFT as well as 911. Anyone know the ratio of 911:IFT in the Torrance area?

mike1390

Forum Captain
its about 60/40 IFT/911.... soon to be 100% after they lose the contract.

EMTSic

Forum Probie
Yeah, I heard that Gerber is endanger of losing both their contracts in the next year, maybe even by December.

However, you guys are forgetting to mention one big ambulance company that from what I hear has a really good shot at picking it up.

Acetone

Forum Probie
yeah, i heard that gerber is endanger of losing both their contracts in the next year, maybe even by december.

However, you guys are forgetting to mention one big ambulance company that from what i hear has a really good shot at picking it up.

amr?

Acetone

Forum Probie
Nope a little more south.

Ah, I think I know which one you're talking about.

This is all a shame really. I was kind of hoping to work for Gerber, thinking it would be more fun than an IFT company. May be a blessing in disguise though, seeing as how Torrance is like 1.5 hours from my home during peak hour traffic.

SQ51rocks

Forum Ride Along
Gerber Loses SM

Gerber loses Santa Monica, AmeriCare will start soon...............
check out a newspaper called the Santa Monica Patch, "Emergency-Ambulance Services Changing Hands in Santa Monica"..............

JayConde

Forum Probie
Gerber loses Santa Monica, AmeriCare will start soon...............
check out a newspaper called the Santa Monica Patch, "Emergency-Ambulance Services Changing Hands in Santa Monica"..............

do you know when AmeriCare will begin in santa monica

the.devil.himself

Forum Probie
which company took over gerber's 911 contract in torrance, ca?

what the title says.. i heard americare got the santa monica one, who's got torrance?

MedicJon88

Forum Crew Member
Americare already started transporting for SMFD... however they still have the contract with Santa Monica Hospital for interfacility transports- thats probably why you still see them around.

MedicJon88

Forum Crew Member
Its official- they lost Torrance. One word- "Karma"

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain