Freaking out!!! Just took the test

SARcastic1

Forum Probie
hey yall i just took my nremt right... supposed to be like 70-150 ? or what ever well it gave me like 80-85? now im freaking out! THERE is NO WAY I ACED it like that!!! is it possible to FAIL w only 80 some odd ? it progressive right? i gott a job deponent on this test! i pass i start in two weeks (N I REALLLLY NEED TO GO BACK TO WORK) i fail im in deep trouble!!! please make some sence of this?????? thx jay

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You can pass or fail with 80 questions. You can pass or fail with 70 questions, 100 questions, and 120 questions.

The only way to know for sure is to wait until you get the results.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
hey yall i just took my nremt right... supposed to be like 70-150 ? or what ever well it gave me like 80-85? now im freaking out! THERE is NO WAY I ACED it like that!!! is it possible to FAIL w only 80 some odd ? it progressive right? i gott a job deponent on this test! i pass i start in two weeks (N I REALLLLY NEED TO GO BACK TO WORK) i fail im in deep trouble!!! please make some sence of this?????? thx jay

1st breath.
2nd don't type faster than you can speak.

You probably did fine. Everybody freaks out after the test. Relax.

leoemt

Forum Captain
Relax. I took my NREMT and it shut off after 70 questions. I passed.

Remember the test wants you to pass. You cannot ace the test as it will shut off once you reach the passing threshold.

Good luck, if you know the ABC's and Patient Assessment then you probably did fine.

OP
OP
S

SARcastic1

Forum Probie
leoemt..... thx iv had a few other tell me the same n DAMMM i hope y'all r right! thx y'all i just got alot riding on this n the whole 70- 80 cut off REALLLLY thru me for a loop!!! how long till got ur results on nremt???

leoemt

Forum Captain
I took mine on a thursday and found out on monday.

Based on how my fellow classmates did I am confident that you passed. About 80% certain.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
They made you wait until Monday? That's rough. Took my medic exam on a Thursday at 1400 and results were posted at 0900 Friday morning.

SAR it's not unusual to feel like you failed that test, whether it be B, I or P, and end up passing it. Best of luck to you, the pressure sucks when you have a job depending on it, I can relate when it came to my Medic test, I was all excited when I found out I passed then I realized that I still have FTO time coming up which is the real hard part.

OP
OP
S

SARcastic1

Forum Probie
so will the nremt site tell me if i failed? i was told on the "my cert" section of nremt site in the upper left corner above the log in/out tab it will show my name, reg #, level, exp etc if i passed rite?

Anjel

Forum Angel
so will the nremt site tell me if i failed? i was told on the "my cert" section of nremt site in the upper left corner above the log in/out tab it will show my name, reg #, level, exp etc if i passed rite?

Or you can go into where you printed your authorization to test letter and you should see your results then.

Let us know.

Also please use proper grammar and punctuation. It is difficult to want to help you.

leoemt

Forum Captain
Or you can go into where you printed your authorization to test letter and you should see your results then.

Let us know.

Also please use proper grammar and punctuation. It is difficult to want to help you.

Seriously? You would not help someone with their question if they had poor grammar? This is a large country and a large world, not everyone knows proper English grammar nor does everyone have the time to type "properly"

I would hope that as a professional you would be more concerned with helping and educating others rather than being the grammar police. It wasn't like he was talking in slang or intentionally being disrespectful.

OP
OP
S

SARcastic1

Forum Probie
Leoemt, thank you for your commentary and for anjel1030 thank you also for the assistance. I will be sure to post the results as soon as there are available.

P.S. keeps n mind is could be tipn n riten report dat look likes dis!!!! dog!:rofl:

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Seriously? You would not help someone with their question if they had poor grammar? This is a large country and a large world, not everyone knows proper English grammar nor does everyone have the time to type "properly"

I would hope that as a professional you would be more concerned with helping and educating others rather than being the grammar police. It wasn't like he was talking in slang or intentionally being disrespectful.

She did help. Her first sentence answered the OP's question, then she said that it is difficult to want to help someone who does not use proper grammar. As for what a professional is concerned with, all of the professional's I've known are very concerned with grammar and spelling, hence the importance of it on resumes, applications, essays, etc. This is just my two cents. I really don't think that she meant to demean anyone, but this is a professional site.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

She said it makes us not want to help him not that we wouldn't. I think it would be more accurate to say that making your post easy to read and concise makes getting an answer far more likely. As someone who tends to play it fast and loose with grammar and spelling myself I won't throw many stones.

P.S. Let's stay on topic going forward :)

leoemt

Forum Captain
She said it makes us not want to help him not that we wouldn't. I think it would be more accurate to say that making your post easy to read and concise makes getting an answer far more likely. As someone who tends to play it fast and loose with grammar and spelling myself I won't throw many stones.

P.S. Let's stay on topic going forward :)

I do agree with you about it being easier to understand and whatnot. However her statement took me by surprise. I personally didn't have any issue with his statement.

Anyways I digress, to get this back on topic and moving in the direction intended I am anxious to know how the OP did. Hopefully he will update us with his status.

sweetpete

Forum Lieutenant
I'm a "glass is half full" kinda guy. I'm going to say you probably passed. I'm assuming this is for EMT-Basic?

Anyways, I don't think I know anyone who failed after 80 or so questions. You'd have to bomb it seriously to get cut off at 80.

Try to enjoy your weekend and hang in there. Be sure to let us know what happens.