FDNY EMS Candidates

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
So a girl that I know whom I had my PAT, intake interview, and psych with just got a call. Do you think i may be in this class as well since basically our whole process was done at the same time?

Honestly that means nothing (not being mean, just honest) As they never call in number order.
Remember there are a boat load of investigators processing endless candidates.
The ones who call with the offer are supervisors who get your completed file.
But you still have a shot for this class as they are in the 1100s already.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
If any of yall get tired of waiting, there's plenty of premier govt third service EMS depts in Texas just looking for crews :)

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Bnf000

Forum Probie
Do phone calls go out only Monday-Friday? Or weekends as well? You keep mentioning "could get the call the day before the academy" well that day is a Sunday... so..? Can anyone clarify please

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Btw guys, the academy that just graduated had people from 1100's in it, not trying to put false hope out there, but it's possible that they might exhaust list 6003 for this academy

Doubt they w
What do you mean they may exhaust list 6003?

It means they may call everyone from 6003
In other words, they may need to start calling from list 7000 soon if (emphasis on the "if") they finish all the list numbers on 6003. Exhausting a list means calling all the possible candidates from that list

Not only that list they also have to give the people that deferred from previous lists and people that have failed but passed their weight loss and those who appealed for what ever reason are getting a shot.
No disrespect @spaceferret but you are giving out a lil false info here. and FYI no there hasn't been anyone that has graduated from list 6003 in the 1100s this past class. if there has please tell us how they skipped over hundreds of other candidates, Special circumstances ?? doubt it very much. Maybe from the previous list before 6003 that graduated.

Last edited:

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Do phone calls go out only Monday-Friday? Or weekends as well? You keep mentioning "could get the call the day before the academy" well that day is a Sunday... so..? Can anyone clarify please

They have called on Saturdays when backed up and closer to the start date.

To those waiting, trust me some of us have waited TWO YEARS so a couple of months wait shouldn't be a sweat.
if you really want the job, stay cool, keep busy ( start doing cardio, push ups etc or just enjoy the summer) but most of all stay outta trouble.
all this worrying isn't going to make ANYTHING go quicker, and please to the person giving out false info stop, it's not cool.

BoSoxNYC

Forum Probie
I got the call last Saturday. Was surprised to get it on the weekend and especially so many weeks out from the start date. Still plenty of time for calls. Could come any day up to the 26th.

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Doubt they w

It means they may call everyone from 6003

Not only that list they also have to give the people that deferred from previous lists and people that have failed but passed their weight loss and those who appealed for what ever reason are getting a shot.
No disrespect @spaceferret but you are giving out a lil false info here. and FYI no there hasn't been anyone that has graduated from list 6003 in the 1100s this past class. if there has please tell us how they skipped over hundreds of other candidates, Special circumstances ?? doubt it very much. Maybe from the previous list before 6003 that graduated.

1.) I made that statement with the knowledge that deferred persons will also be called, which is why I said they MAY have to start calling from list 7000. 2.) I'm not giving out any false info whatsoever. I know what some of the graduates' list number is.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
1.) I made that statement with the knowledge that deferred persons will also be called, which is why I said they MAY have to start calling from list 7000. 2.) I'm not giving out any false info whatsoever. I know what some of the graduates' list number is.

Well then @spaceferret since you feel the need to be top dog with the info and obviously on the job, I give you the floor, Wish you all luck and been real.

Those of us here on the job, that have helped, we have been respectful and courteous to all asking for help.

Glad I could have helped those who asked and just look back at previous pages for any questions or inbox me.
I bid you all good luck.

Last edited:

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Well then @spaceferret since you feel the need to be top dog with the info and obviously on the job, I give you the floor, Wish you all luck and been real.

Those of us here on the job, that have helped, we have been respectful and courteous to all asking for help.

Glad I could have helped those who asked and just look back at previous pages for any questions or inbox me.
I bid you all good luck.
Thank you very much.

BoSoxNYC

Forum Probie
Thank you very much.
Sharing information you know is always appreciated here. Candidates aren't told much and this forum has become a lifeline for literally thousands of current and wannabe emts anxious to start a career with the best organization in the country. We're all here because we're excited for that career to begin. If you do in fact know that the last graduating class had list numbers that high from 6003 (however unlikely that scenario seems) thank you for sharing.

That being said, if you are in fact correct about those list numbers, a little bit of reading your post history on this forum shows that by sharing that with us you have completely exhausted ANY information you have about FDNY (that you haven't learned from reading here, likely directly from TechLife). Understanding you know nothing yet is a huge part of this job when you start. The people who are ahead of me and who have taken the time to come back here and help their fellow brothers and sisters understand this process better are appreciated more than I could express.

Emttttt

Forum Probie
Not trying to doubt anyone here but I know someone 99x class 6003, finished pat/med/psych and was waiting for a long time and didn't make it to this past march class. Unless he was overlooked, skipping to 11xx seems unrealistic.