FDNY EMS Candidates

Bnf000

Forum Probie
That's what's up man!
Did u get the call for June's academy class already too?
If not you're probably making the next class

I am a girl Haha but no I have not.. I was told at the agility "if you're here from 7000 you'll be in June's class" .. now I understand many people through the years have been told the same thing and then waited .. sooo much to my disappointment I'll just wait it out.. or maybe get called? We'll see.. fingers crossed

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
It'll be almost exactly a year to the date from my PAT til the first day of class. So consider yourself lucky even if you don't get called until October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnf000

Forum Probie
It'll be almost exactly a year to the date from my PAT til the first day of class. So consider yourself lucky even if you don't get called until October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand lots of people have waited much longer than I if I were to get into this class I'm really not in that much of a rush beside the fact that I'm a medic so I do want to get in sooner so that I can upgrade if a MUPS class comes out. I am content at my current 911 job

Emttttt

Forum Probie
I am a girl Haha but no I have not.. I was told at the agility "if you're here from 7000 you'll be in June's class" .. now I understand many people through the years have been told the same thing and then waited .. sooo much to my disappointment I'll just wait it out.. or maybe get called? We'll see.. fingers crossed

You never know if you are single digits. They can easily run through the rest of class 6003 depending on how many people defer, decline or fail the pat/med/psych. Not trying to get your hopes up but you have a decent chance before 2018. For my class I believe they sort through a couple hundred.

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
Lol my bad.
That's what's up girl***

But yeah hopefully you still get that call for June's class since you're all set

njp5178

Forum Probie
Quick question for those who have completed the academy.. I will be in the am class and am wondering how many hours of studying/homework I should plan on dedicating each night.. and also is it a good idea to continue a workout routine at nights? I know everyone is different but how intense is PT? I will also be commuting from New Jersey so I'll be waking up 5 am every morning and hopefully getting home around 4ish.

Emttttt

Forum Probie
Quick question for those who have completed the academy.. I will be in the am class and am wondering how many hours of studying/homework I should plan on dedicating each night.. and also is it a good idea to continue a workout routine at nights? I know everyone is different but how intense is PT? I will also be commuting from New Jersey so I'll be waking up 5 am every morning and hopefully getting home around 4ish.

I can't really tell you how many hours you need to study because everybody is different. This is a refresher so people should already know the material or most of it. You will learn some news things though. Best advice is study as much as you need to know the material. We lost the most people to academics in this class. I wouldn't stress too much for pt, if you do want to prepare maybe do 1 or 2 30 minute cardio sessions a week. Traffic is really bad there when u get out for am class. So whoever is in pm class plan accordingly.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

Graduated a while back lol
But the studying is still the same, I was in the AM class and got there an hour early for the group study with a instructor ( Trust me this helps ) and freed up my nights.
PT consist of core training, running, whole lotta push ups. Group study begins at 6 and you will definitely get a parking spot. class lets out at 3:00 that is if no Fs up and you're not doing push ups.
As far as working out at nights, that is entirely up to you, IF you think you can do both with no problem. again up to you.
Remember academy tolerates ZERO tardiness and even ZERO less absences. So make wise choices that work for you.

Good luck at the academy.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
FYI ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA;

Stay away from it, make your instagram accounts to private, FB etc etc.
Metro Tech has ZERO tolerance for it and if you are caught posting in uniform while at the academy, and in uniform outside of the academy while on your own time and not for an occasion from the FDNY.
This is a quick way to get fired real quick.

Your uniform all pieces of it (BI Jacket, your collar pins and cover shield etc) in the eyes of the FDNY EMS & Metro Tech. you haven't earned the right yet.

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
Graduated a while back lol
But the studying is still the same, I was in the AM class and got there an hour early for the group study with a instructor ( Trust me this helps ) and freed up my nights.
PT consist of core training, running, whole lotta push ups. Group study begins at 6 and you will definitely get a parking spot. class lets out at 3:00 that is if no Fs up and you're not doing push ups.
As far as working out at nights, that is entirely up to you, IF you think you can do both with no problem. again up to you.
Remember academy tolerates ZERO tardiness and even ZERO less absences. So make wise choices that work for you.

Good luck at the academy.
Is there a parking lot in fort totten or u have to find parking?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Is there a parking lot in fort totten or u have to find parking?

Just outside the perimeter of the Quarter Master inside Fort Totten, there are two parking lots and you can find a niche here and there. AM class never has a problem, Afternoon class gets there at 2 for group study will have no problem, (as AM is getting out).