FDNY EMS Candidates

Future923

Forum Crew Member
So a girl that I know whom I had my PAT, intake interview, and psych with just got a call. Do you think i may be in this class as well since basically our whole process was done at the same time?

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
So a girl that I know whom I had my PAT, intake interview, and psych with just got a call. Do you think i may be in this class as well since basically our whole process was done at the same time?

Any idea what her list number is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpaceEMT

Forum Ride Along
Thanks!
Going to check out the PF by me and see if they have a stairmaster and sign up for it.
I don't have a weighted vest (and hoping not to buy one now as they're expensive) so I'm probably going to carry dumbells or just stay on the stairmaster for 20+ minutes.
I'm about 6'2" 240 pounds athletic built so the 40 pounds isn't much for me. I walk that up my stairs carrying that almost every day with ease lol

6'2
240#

Lol unless you're literally on steroids you're fat definitely above 20% bf lose some weight

BoSoxNYC

Forum Probie
6'2", 230-240lbs, 20% is not that out of the norm. Especially if you've been lifting for years.
You may need to shed a few pounds, but you can pretty easily check your BMI and see what you may need to do. A lot of people have had to lose a bit of weight. Low carbs and tons of cardio will do wonders.
Oh and don't let SpaceEMT's rude and demeaning comments get to you. Vast majority of us are respectful and encouraging to our brother and sisters. We have each other's backs. You got this.

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
You may need to shed a few pounds, but you can pretty easily check your BMI and see what you may need to do. A lot of people have had to lose a bit of weight. Low carbs and tons of cardio will do wonders.
Oh and don't let SpaceEMT's rude and demeaning comments get to you. Vast majority of us are respectful and encouraging to our brother and sisters. We have each other's backs. You got this.
It didnt, and thanks.
I've seen nothing but comrodery from most of the members here

Rory

Forum Crew Member
I don't know how to attach a photo to this forum, but there is a weight chart you can look up that will tell you the weight you allowed to be in correspondence to your height. The chart falls under the Bureau of Health Services Guidance for FDNY Candidates. If you were to look up FDNY weight it should be one of the first links. Appendix C.

Teej92

Forum Crew Member
Well said

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
6'2", 230-240lbs, 20% is not that out of the norm. Especially if you've been lifting for years.

Unfortunately to Metro Tech it is. They are a stickler ( No clue why if just by a number or two)
But you got this, all in the diet and cardio, In the bag buddy.
Good luck !

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
No one on here has got the call today huh?

Yeah it's the sucks waiting game, and not everyone follows this forum,
But stay frosty, still got time and remember they still can call the day before the academy starts.
We look forward when you post " I got the Call "

Future923

Forum Crew Member
But stay frosty, still got time and remember they still can call the day before the academy starts.

Bnf000

Forum Probie

What's your list # and what's hers? Same exam? When did she get the call?

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
I hope I get to post those words this month haha. Thanks lol

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Btw guys, the academy that just graduated had people from 1100's in it, not trying to put false hope out there, but it's possible that they might exhaust list 6003 for this academy