FDNY EMS Candidates

Cenzo22

Forum Crew Member
Anyone receive/hear anything for exam number 7000 yet?

SpaceEMT

Forum Ride Along
Anyone receive/hear anything for exam number 7000 yet?

Call 212-669-1357 click 2 put in your social security number and follow the instructions. The letters will be coming in the mail some time next week. I'm guessing an academy around January 2018 for the low list numbers of 7000

If we are extremely lucky we might squeak by and start academy in October 2017. Exam 6003 has about 800 list numbers left

Last edited:

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Call 212-669-1357 click 2 put in your social security number and follow the instructions. The letters will be coming in the mail some time next week. I'm guessing an academy around January 2018 for the low list numbers of 7000

If we are extremely lucky we might squeak by and start academy in October 2017. Exam 6003 has about 800 list numbers left

Keep in mind that there are two classes left for 2017 and if what they are saying in METROTECH The classes will go back to being smaller and not the 180.
The class in now started at 150 and they want to make them back to the smaller groups.

Honestly the low numbers in 7000 would hit the earliest 2018 class, that's if the list 6003 is depleted, people that have differed start a class and people that have failed who have the option of doing the academy again,

2018 is just around the corner.
good luck

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Keep in mind that there are two classes left for 2017 and if what they are saying in METROTECH The classes will go back to being smaller and not the 180.
The class in now started at 150 and they want to make them back to the smaller groups.

Honestly the low numbers in 7000 would hit the earliest 2018 class, that's if the list 6003 is depleted, people that have differed start a class and people that have failed who have the option of doing the academy again,

good luck

So would you say low 20s on 7031 wouldn't see academy until Oct 2018 or Jan 2019?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
2019 is what I would look at, in all honesty, usual wait period is 2 years.
When they needed more EMTs in the Bronx they made the classes larger 180. they had 3 180 classes and this one in is 150. PLUS they hired in Transcare EMTs and Paramedics after they folded.
Word in METROTEC is that the classes will go back to the original small classes. ( who knows )

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
I'm also gonna make an assumption it will be based off when they start hiring off the promotion to fire test. Which should be either end of this year or early 2018.

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
My friend who is 15X on 7000 said that he got a letter for a physical. Not sure what this means for the rest of people waiting but just thought I would pass it along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaliyah

Forum Probie
I plan to take the upcoming emt civil service for fdny. I'll be finishing my paramedic course June/2017. I currently live in upstate NY, working part-time as an emt. I'm looking to move to NYC this summer. For those who've worked in NYC outside of FDNY, Will it be difficult to find a paramedic job while I wait to hear back from FDNY?

emtgjf

Forum Crew Member
I plan to take the upcoming emt civil service for fdny. I'll be finishing my paramedic course June/2017. I currently live in upstate NY, working part-time as an emt. I'm looking to move to NYC this summer. For those who've worked in NYC outside of FDNY, Will it be difficult to find a paramedic job while I wait to hear back from FDNY?
As long as you get your NYC MAC you should have no trouble finding a position with one of the privates doing dreaded transports until you either get called for FDNY or can get into 911 through the privates.

Rory

Forum Crew Member

Got called for FDNY exam 7000 list number 25* physical may 13th

Rory

Forum Crew Member

good luck
Have been called for FDNY ems exam 7000 and started the process. Was advised by staff that and others called before me academy this year is what we will be going into due to mutpile promotions from the exam

Teej92

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone have info for getting hired with a speeding ticket on your driving record? 2 points.

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone have info for getting hired with a speeding ticket on your driving record? 2 points.

Don't think it should be an issue as long as you don't try to hide it, paid the fine, and give all info on it they ask for.

charizma

Forum Ride Along
A former classmate of mine applied in July of 2016, like myself and got a notice this week. Her physical exam is May 20th. She has zero experience outside of out EMT class. So keep the faith.

charizma

Forum Ride Along
A former classmate of mine applied in July of 2016, like myself and got a notice this week. Her physical exam is May 20th. She has zero experience outside of out EMT class. So keep the faith.

emt117

Forum Lieutenant

List number?

charizma

Forum Ride Along
She never called DCAS for a list number she said because she was surprised with the letter in the mail. I asked her to call though because I wanna know how far ahead of me she may since we have everything the same. She took exam 7000 though.

charizma

Forum Ride Along
Does anyone know when you have to have your driver's license? When they call you for your physical exam? Or when they have you start the academy?