EMT removed dying woman's body down aisle of crowded plane at MSP

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Emergency responders at the Twin Cities airport on Monday removed an unresponsive, partly clothed woman from the back of a commercial airliner in an effort to render medical aid.

Read more!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
And? It was a code. Modesty aside, drag her off the place and work it in the jetway.

She was half naked because the flight attendants used an AED.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Pointless article. If the patient would have lived I doubt she would have cared.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
what's the point of this article? people were traumatized that they had to witness EMS removing a person in cardiac arrest? What did the article writer want to have happen, for the EMS crew to work the lady while on the plane?

I bet the reason her pants were undone is because she was in the bathroom when they found her.

I don't care if she was stark naked with her titties flopping everywhere; get her off the plane quickly so you can start doing interventions that might actually save her life. I'm pretty sure she didn't care, as long as they did what was needed to save her life.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So they want us to spend extra time inside the bathroom dressing our cardiac arrest patient before we move them out to where we can actually do CPR?

I'm not really sorry that you feel traumatized because you watched a cardiac arrest patient being pulled out of the airplane on a megamover.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
3 nurses and a doctor responded? That must've been a s..t show in the aisle. and it's why I usually pretend to be taking a nap when these sorts of things happen...
Can't render aid when I've been rendered into jello by prescribed pharmaceuticals.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I have a crazy idea...instead of gawking at the patient and then complaining about what you saw how about turning away or putting your head down out of respect and their privacy. I despise when people say they are "traumatized" by situations like this when they make the conscious decision to look or watch the situation.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I know my opinion in hasn't been the popular one among some I've talked to, but I don't give a damn if I have to do my job with people around. I have worked a code in the middle of a grocery store isle (keep in mind, no Lucas or auto pulse at the time) and when we got rosc he got rolled out igel, io, and all the works in front of everyone. Sorry bout ya. Don't like it, don't stare. Also find it annoying g how that guy makes it a woe is me situation, despite the fact a family lost a loved one. Somehow his problem seems bigger...