EMT Openings in Big Spring, TX (Gov. Facility Full-Time Position)

AMG Healthcare Services

Forum Ride Along
Good morning all,

My name is Mike and I wanted to both introduce myself & inform everyone here that there's a Gov. Facility currently seeking 2 EMT's for two full time permanent positions at one of my company's associated facilities.

I'm a representative of AMG Healthcare Services, a leader in the staffing industry since 2007. We have numerous position openings for healthcare professionals all over the country. We have government and non-government positions, however right now we're really in need of 2 EMT's as soon as possible. I listed details below for anyone who's interested;

We're currently looking for two EMT's for our partnered government facility, FCI Big Spring, a Low-Security U.S. Federal Correctional Institution, to provide services to the inmate population.

This is a full-time position that we're seeking to fill right away! Here are some details about the position opening;
  • Position Type: Full-Time Position (40 hours per week)
  • Location: FCI Big Springs Federal Correctional Institution (Big Spring, TX, 79720)
  • Schedule: Monday - Friday from 6:00am - 2:30pm
  • Compensation Package: $24.00/hr + Relocation Incentive/Allowance + Full Benefits Package
  • Benefits: Package includes medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage + 401k + Generous PTO, Sick Leave Days, & 10 Paid Federal Holidays per year
  • Position Summary: EMT is expected to provide direct patient care services to minimum-security offender population in accordance with legal, ethical, and institutional standards through the evaluation of patients and therapeutic treatment as ordered by the facility's healthcare management team
Position Requirements
  • Must have graduated from an accredited EMT-Paramedic institution
  • Must have & active maintain current certification as an EMT-Paramedic with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) and able to practice in TX
  • Minimum of 1 (one) year previous work experience required, correctional experience preferred but not required
If this is something that interests you, please message me on here or google us AMG Healthcare Services! Thank you guys, enjoy your day

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Just for clarification: do you want EMTs, or paramedics? I ask because the first half of your posting says EMTs, while the requirements mandate a paramedic certification.

And this is to work as a medical worker in a correctional facility, correct? Do you work with a nurse, under a doctor, etc, or is it just you?

OP
OP
A

AMG Healthcare Services

Forum Ride Along
Thank you for your interest and prompt response DrParasite. I apologize, the position is for EMTs, the government documentation label the position as "Paramedic/EMT" so when I copied and pasted the job summary it took it as is, apologies again.

This position is to work in a full-time EMT position for our partnered government facility, FCI Big Spring (Low-Security U.S. Federal Correctional Institution), to provide professional EMT-paramedic healthcare services to the inmate population. Direct documentation lists the EMT's duties/expectation of services provided as follows;

EMT-Paramedic Professional shall be responsible for, but is not limited to:
  • Provide direct patient care services in accordance with legal, ethical, and institutional standards
  • through the evaluation of patients and therapeutic treatment as ordered by Health Services clinical staff
  • Perform paramedic duties within the scope of the current licensure
  • Administer medications as prescribed i.e., by mouth, intradermally, subcutaneously, intramuscular, or intravenously
  • Assist with distribution of medications at pill line
  • Monitor and evaluate the response to therapy
  • Perform tuberculin skin testing
  • Perform venipuncture for the purpose of obtaining laboratory specimens
  • Initiate and monitor intravenous access
  • Perform Point of Care (POC) testing for blood glucose levels, INR, etc.
  • Record and document patient care activities on appropriate records such as health history
  • Record diagnostic testing, i.e., venipuncture for laboratory studies, visual acuity testing, EKGs (per instructions from mid-level practitioners or physicians)
  • Process lab work to include filing on a daily basis.
  • Maintain accurate logs of all reports in accordance with Bureau of Prisons and JCAHO policy
  • Screen laboratory tests/results for normal/abnormal lad values and notify the physician or physicians
  • Ensure all sharps are secured, accounted for, stored and disposed of according to institutional and national policy
  • Assist the mid-level practitioners and physicians in the management and oversight of chronic care clinics
  • Review clinical records to ensure data is entered legibly and in the appropriate section of the medical record
  • Possess knowledge of treatment of chronic health problems, i.e., hypertension, diabetes, and asthma
  • Initiate emergency care as needed according to community standards
  • Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
  • Adhere to infection control policies and procedures
  • Ability and skill to operate EKG and laboratory equipment
  • Knowledge of mental health disorders and must have the ability to screen for gross mood changes
  • Ability to provide basic first aid, prevention care, and guidance in treating a variety of common illnesses/injuries
  • Perform duties as required, but accept only those paramedic assignments that are commensurate with his/her educational preparation, training, experience, and paramedic scope of practice

Did this assist or provide any clarification? Let me know if more details are need and I'll gladly provide what I have as soon as possible

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Hey @AMG Healthcare Services
Wellyeah+that+is+what+he+said+_e70bcc6e3c4e6f6939d31612ef418e6c.jpg

OP
OP
A

AMG Healthcare Services

Forum Ride Along
Looks like the community got the best of me for this one, I appreciate the feedback all. Just finished discussing with the hiring manager and Paramedic certification is needed, sincere apologies!

That being said, would anybody know someone who might be interested in this position? Or point me in the right direction where I would have better luck? Appreciate the all the feedback so far

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
This site is a good start...there are a ton of Facebook Paramedic Job groups or just EMS pages in general...a post or two there and you may be flooded with more CVs than you can handle.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Indeed.com

A favorite past time for the lowly paid paramedic looking for a new job whilst posted on a street corner in between their next Code 3 chronic back pain call.