EMT-Basic Shared Articles

jnsangel33

Forum Crew Member
Hello everyone. I have a question. I am in my 7th week of my EMT-basic class. We are about to take our first Golden Opportunity next week and we have to turn in our first set of shared articles. Can someone please send me some ideas on what would be good article topics? I could really use and would greatly appreciate your advice!! :)

Thanks in advance

Cadet T. Riley
Equipment Officer
Class 178
Squad 4

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Hello everyone. I have a question. I am in my 7th week of my EMT-basic class. We are about to take our first Golden Opportunity next week and we have to turn in our first set of shared articles. Can someone please send me some ideas on what would be good article topics? I could really use and would greatly appreciate your advice!! :)

Thanks in advance

Cadet T. Riley
Equipment Officer
Class 178
Squad 4

Your in RCC aren't you.. just sayin, I'd drop the whole "cadet, equipment officer, class 178, squad 4" thing on here... we'll all just tease you about it...

Btw... squad 3 is better...

Pick something that interests you, it's easier to write about.. I think I did mine on HEMS operations in California. You could also write on the new bill submited to change EMS as a whole. Look around on EMS1 they have a lot of good stuff on there. Who's your instructor?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Equipment Officer
Class 178
Squad 4

Your in RCC aren't you.. just sayin, I'd drop the whole "cadet, equipment officer, class 178, squad 4" thing on here... we'll all just tease you about it...

Btw... squad 3 is better...

What's up with the entire squad and officer thing? I already laugh at the hundreds of dollars RCC students have to spend on a uniform, I might as well laugh at something else as well.

You could also write on the new bill submited to change EMS as a whole. Look around on EMS1 they have a lot of good stuff on there. Who's your instructor?
Talking about the EMS Field bill?

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
What's up with the entire squad and officer thing? I already laugh at the hundreds of dollars RCC students have to spend on a uniform, I might as well laugh at something else as well.

Talking about the EMS Field bill?

Ya, http://www.emsworld.com/news/104176...uced-in-congress-calls-for-hhs-as-lead-agency.

I have no idea, RCC has a whole para-miltary thing going on... And yes the uniforms are insane... I got off easy, I know the owner of the uniform shop that supplies everything... I got my stuff almost free...

As far as the squads, they split the EMTs up as squads to do skills in a group.

I love the instructors there, I've actually remained personal friends with a couple of them.. I've considered taking my medic there.. but RCC kinda goes overboard with the extra little requirements to graduate...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

jnsangel33

Forum Crew Member
Ok ...... wow. Thanks for the put downs rather than the help.. You guys rock.
One thing I have learned and stuck to in this class is respect.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Squad 3 is still better. :excl:

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
But don't expect any help from us, or anyone else with a crappy atitude like that.. especially being that we didn't put you down at all... This isn't a buisness for immaturity... *but it still manages to creep in* Please act a little more grownup and understand that its comments and behavior like this that will cost you a job in this buisness. I don't think you've learned much about respect yet judging by your response..

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

EMS is not paramilitary. No one put you down, they just pointed out something to you to prevent future berating. I second Iride...grow up a little bit, coming from a 21 year old.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Hey Rob, I just watched the youtube videos of the stuff that this RCC place does. Cut the kid some slack, he actually believes he's gonna be saving lives, and standing in formation. I can't believe that people actually pay for that. You should check it out, it's worth it, just for the laughs, besides the Drill and Ceremony could use some help. I'm sure that they have their reasons for doing what they do, I'm just not sure it is rooted in necessity... ;) But anyway jnsangel33, welcome to the forum, and when you get to the field a lot more of this will make sense...

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Hey Rob, I just watched the youtube videos of the stuff that this RCC place does. Cut the kid some slack, he actually believes he's gonna be saving lives, and standing in formation. I can't believe that people actually pay for that. You should check it out, it's worth it, just for the laughs, besides the Drill and Ceremony could use some help. I'm sure that they have their reasons for doing what they do, I'm just not sure it is rooted in necessity... ;) But anyway jnsangel33, welcome to the forum, and when you get to the field a lot more of this will make sense...

I went through the program and then started working and was like "whaaaa? this is so not what school was like"

Its pretty much like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfLktzk3fKw Just throw in a new campus.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey dude; Don't let these people dissuade you from what you want to do. Understand this; many of the members here are burned out, and take a rather cynical view on life (. This is a fact and no getting around it, but if you want to be in EMS you can make it so by doing your best. That is all we can ask for.

Forget the smacktard responses and just follow your vision. If this is not your cup of tea, you will find out soon enough.

Look after your health, that includes a good diet, and a good PT routine.

Michael

And if anyone disagrees with me. I challenge you to a hose lay competition:)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

But wait, people did give you suggestions! And you ignored them apparently.

Sent from my out of area communications device.

18G

Paramedic
http://youtu.be/M0EknPisZ4c

This is (in my opinion) the dumbest thing I have seen. I'm not seeing the point in the whole military theme. Formation and Uniform Officers? Really? I went to class wearing short's and a Tool t-shirt and was at the top of my class.

I didn't even know EMT programs like this existed. Structure is good for sure but this is taking it to the extreme.

I can see why these student's are shocked when they get hired on with an EMS department... it's the complete opposite!

Imagine the extra skill practice and lecture time if it wasn't wasted on learning useless formation and checking out someones uniform.

OP
OP
J

jnsangel33

Forum Crew Member
But don't expect any help from us, or anyone else with a crappy atitude like that.. especially being that we didn't put you down at all... This isn't a buisness for immaturity... *but it still manages to creep in* Please act a little more grownup and understand that its comments and behavior like this that will cost you a job in this buisness. I don't think you've learned much about respect yet judging by your response..
I am sorry.....grow up?? Really. "Cut the cadet, equipment stuff. We will just make fun of you." That didn't sound very "grown up" to me. It was rude. You don't know who you are saying these things to. There was absolutely NOTHING in either of my posts that was not grown up. I asked for tips on shared articles. I got one at the end of a "comments" reply regarding my signature from a "captain" or "chief" of the forum??? K. Everyone just felt it necessary to make fun of me and or my school. I will take my questions elsewhere. I am glad I got the real side of people just from asking one school related question.

PROUD TO BE A CADET AT RCC, BCTC

OP
OP
J

jnsangel33

Forum Crew Member
But wait, people did give you suggestions! And you ignored them apparently.

Sent from my out of area communications device.

RE READ....I GOT ONE SUGGESTION....AFTER THE BANTER....
and for those of you who keep referring to me as Dude.... I am a woman...

Because of the signature that I provide in my first post near every single comment was regarding the school and training that I am receiving. I appreciate the training I am receiving. It is hard work!! Anyone have any idea as to how many people are in my class that came from other schools because they didn't learn enough to pass their finals??? Even the paramedics there claim that their previous schools did NOT teach them what we are learning in our EMT class.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Thanks in advance

Cadet T. Riley
Equipment Officer
Class 178
Squad 4

What does the article have to be about? Never heard of shared articles or Golden Opportunity before.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
RE READ....I GOT ONE SUGGESTION....AFTER THE BANTER....
and for those of you who keep referring to me as Dude.... I am a woman...

Because of the signature that I provide in my first post near every single comment was regarding the school and training that I am receiving. I appreciate the training I am receiving. It is hard work!! Anyone have any idea as to how many people are in my class that came from other schools because they didn't learn enough to pass their finals??? Even the paramedics there claim that their previous schools did NOT teach them what we are learning in our EMT class.

I've taken the course. I understand the work load and its minimal. Ya, it's a little more than the normal basic course.. but its still a BASIC course!! The people your responding to, are the ones that have our certs and have started working.. you're the cadet. So don't give me a lecture on respect. You have a serious wake up call coming for you when you start working. ESPECIALLY AS A WOMAN, you need to grow a thick skin FAST.. I was nice and even gave you some awesome advice. I've seen people get ragged on for that, so yes.. I gave you a heads up. Seriously, all you're doing is making yourself look bad.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
What does the article have to be about? Never heard of shared articles or Golden Opportunity before.

Its like a watered down version of a midterm.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Anyone have any idea as to how many people are in my class that came from other schools because they didn't learn enough to pass their finals??? .

You mean the lazy students that are going to fail this course too? You'd be surprised how many students retake this course 3-4 times... its cause they're lazy.. Just seriously, start acting like an adult and we'll treat you like one. Last I checked, we were the proffesionals and you're the student.