ems sticker in your car window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic2409

Forum Lieutenant
Meh...small NAEMT sticker on back glass, small department sticker on windshield, used to have a company bumper sticker, peeled it off, have no desire to put the new companies sticker on.

Department sticker is mainly to ensure that people know it's ok for me to be parking in the FD side.

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a NAEMT in my rear drivers side window, star of life sticker on rear bumper and around my tag it declares to the world I am an Emergency Medical Technician - its all there to show I am proud to be an EMT. That's all...honest! I have never 'been pulled over' at a wreck but did stop at a rollover with double ejection last sunday night. Unfortunately I couldn't save the life of a seventeen year old girl, massive head trauma...I kept her alive 'til the medic got there but it was not to be...still a bit bummed out about it.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2013/5/27/teen_dies_in_crash_a.html

Last edited by a moderator:

VirginiaEMT

Forum Lieutenant
do you have an ems sticker on your car widow?
is it just there to help you get out of tickets?
if other reasons why?

or why dont you have one?

Here's my opinion. DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO without regard to what others think. We are all different and we all like and dislike different things. If you want a sticker, by all means put one on your car. It's YOUR car! If someone give you a hard time about it, the words SCREW YOU should suffice.

BTW, I'm not a sticker guy.

Jeannine Toth

Forum Ride Along
I have an EMT sticker for two reasons: I support EMS, and I am currently training to be an EMT (in a school-year long course, so I'm training for my EMR first). The other morning, my classmate's father told her that it was illegal to have an EMT sticker on your car window if you're not one.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I have a bunch of Army stickers in the corner of my back window on my pickup, but no EMS ones.

Considering stolen valor is barely illegal (my understanding is they have to be able to prove you've received tangible benefits from lying about military service in order to actually get charged) so I highly doubt it's illegal to have a star of life sticker without being an EMT

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
I have an EMT sticker for two reasons: I support EMS, and I am currently training to be an EMT (in a school-year long course, so I'm training for my EMR first). The other morning, my classmate's father told her that it was illegal to have an EMT sticker on your car window if you're not one.

Not even close to being illegal

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
How can it be illegal? lol! If I were to have an EMS sticker on my truck (which I don't because I don't like flamboyance and don't feel the need to advertise ANYTHING to anyone), and my husband (who is co-owner of that truck, both our names are on the title) were to drive it, why should he be "in trouble" for driving a vehicle with an EMS sticker?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
If you think I am going to put ANY sticker on my Caddy....hell no! I even got the dealership to remove their logos....if you do not pay me to advertise or give me a discount, then your name comes off....sure as heck am not gonna have stickers on my car! :)

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Interesting. Up here in Ontario, it's very much part of the culture of EMS that the employer has a service sticker that they issue to every medic. Ditto for fire departments, though often it's the IAFF sticker. I don't mean it's common, I mean damned near universal.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
If you think I am going to put ANY sticker on my Caddy....hell no! I even got the dealership to remove their logos....if you do not pay me to advertise or give me a discount, then your name comes off....sure as heck am not gonna have stickers on my car! :)
Ha! That's fantastic!

RobertAlfanoNJEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I have a magnet on the back of my car that says Emergency Medical Tecnitian with the star of life... Mostly so police will be easier on me when I get pulled over.. I have my stethoscope around my review mirror too for the same reason and easy access

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ahh, yes! The Emergency Stethoscope....without it, many lives would be lost. Here is to all the unsung heroes who are able to utilize this tool on a regular basis prehospitally from their POV emergency response! Cheers to you all!

And if you are speeding, then you deserve to get a ticket no matter the affiliation. I speed all the time, yet I choose to accept the consequences when I get caught.

RobertAlfanoNJEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Ahh, yes! The Emergency Stethoscope....without it, many lives would be lost. Here is to all the unsung heroes who are able to utilize this tool on a regular basis prehospitally from their POV emergency response! Cheers to you all!

And if you are speeding, then you deserve to get a ticket no matter the affiliation. I speed all the time, yet I choose to accept the consequences when I get caught.
Oh congratulations you pay speeding tickets! In a world where EMTs who are rushing to the aid of people everyday possibly saving their lives and especially aiding those who are police officers in a timely manor (they don't mind us speeding then) are paid just above minimum wage who am I not to bank on possibly getting out of a ticket. So yes if a police officer feels some kind of connection with me because I am an EMT which he should, I will milk it!

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Oh congratulations you pay speeding tickets! In a world where EMTs who are rushing to the aid of people everyday possibly saving their lives and especially aiding those who are police officers in a timely manor (they don't mind us speeding then) are paid just above minimum wage who am I not to bank on possibly getting out of a ticket. So yes if a police officer feels some kind of connection with me because I am an EMT which he should, I will milk it!
"Rushing" to the "aid" and "saving lives."

Try not to take yourself too seriously. This post sounds like some kind of overly dramatic movie trailer voiceover. Anyone who works in this field knows very few of our calls are even urgent (let alone emergencies to anyone except the caller), fewer of those are time sensitive, and almost none are affected by speeding to or from the scene. Moreover, none of this is necessary in your POV.

Follow traffic laws regardless of your job or face the consequences of your choices. Of course anyone is happy to be let off with a warning by a cop, but expecting it as some sort of benefit of your employment just puts everyone in an awkward position.

How do your wages have anything to do with this?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I missed the NJ part of his name when I first replied...I know better now and understand his though process! :)

Yes, if/when I get a ticket, I will pay it. It is called being responsible and accepting the consequences of my actions.

But anyways, you sound like a young Ricky Rescue whose maturity and experience level is not yet full developed. But seriously...cheers to all those lives saved when study after study shows speeding is neither indicated nor ideal for most everything we respond to and doing so in your POV is even more of a risk. Keep that stethoscope swinging and be sure to alcohol swab it from time to time...

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
ehhhh.png

Despite its various frustrations, I really would like to see NJ EMS work towards advancing the profession. Please, start reading more, work towards joining one of the hospital-based or private services, and stop posting on these forums statements that are contrary to the very basics of what we do.

We help cops, and they help us (probably more than we help them). That doesn't make us above the law.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
Jersey boy...less than a month and a half ago you were not even an EMT. You cleary had no concept about what EMS actually is and, despite what the wannabe's, vollies and morons want to think, what it isn't. Apparently this has not changed.

Since you yourself have no actual experience or capacity as an EMT and can't share any personal stories about "rushing to the aid" and "saving lives" maybe you want to share some b.s. story you got told down dere at de resq hall...that way you can illustrate how important and lifesaving you are.

Or, you can realize that enthusiasm is good but that you are acting like nothing more than an ignorant, petulant child and calm down.

squirrel15

Forum Captain
I have a magnet on the back of my car that says Emergency Medical Tecnitian with the star of life... Mostly so police will be easier on me when I get pulled over.. I have my stethoscope around my review mirror too for the same reason and easy access
Lemme guess, you tell the cops your an EMT and deserve a break? And you know your rights? I can't wait to see your YouTube post

Status
Not open for further replies.