ems pratical jokes

SCClayton

Forum Probie
Yup that makes the service look and sound professional.

When will people grow up?

Never, if your in EMS your really just a kid at heart.
Except now you have an ambulance full of goodies and lights and sirens!:p

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
I suppose the maturity and professioanlism don't really matter, do they? Generally, all I ever see on here about Basics is how they are only glorified First-Aiders (if that). I think it's a bit hypocritical to beat down the Basic level every day on here and then expect them to adhere to some standard that they are deemed unworthy of.

But, that's just my 2 cents.

BTW, I hope that if my sense of humor ever dies, I won't be far behind it.

medic417

The Truth Provider

Sense of humor does not require physical contact and patient endangerment.

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
I suppose the maturity and professioanlism don't really matter, do they? Generally, all I ever see on here about Basics is how they are only glorified First-Aiders (if that). I think it's a bit hypocritical to beat down the Basic level every day on here and then expect them to adhere to some standard that they are deemed unworthy of.

But, that's just my 2 cents.

Heer Heer!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
I was really enjoying this thread until the Negative Nancys started to post. I agree that some of these pranks can pose a threat to a patient's well being, however this thread is for jokes. This entire forum within the EMTLife forums is for jokes. Either have a sense of humor, or don't post in the humor forum. Its you without a sense of humor that burn out and make the job unpleasant for us who like to have a good time whilst working.

asmbarnett

Forum Ride Along
What would have happened if there were a life threatening emergancy and that medic could have been available for it but because they thought their whailer was out.... well you know the rest.

ethorp

Forum Probie
I was really enjoying this thread until the Negative Nancys started to post. I agree that some of these pranks can pose a threat to a patient's well being, however this thread is for jokes. This entire forum within the EMTLife forums is for jokes. Either have a sense of humor, or don't post in the humor forum. Its you without a sense of humor that burn out and make the job unpleasant for us who like to have a good time whilst working.

this is so true people need to chill out, this is here to have a laugh :ph34r:

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
What would have happened if there were a life threatening emergancy and that medic could have been available for it but because they thought their whailer was out.... well you know the rest.

Yes there are some "jokes" posted in here that are questionable at best, however don't rain on everyone's parade because they like to have a little fun to keep morale up.

A sense of humor should be a requirement demonstrated upon application to EMT/medic school.

dragonjbynight

Forum Crew Member
I agree with Medic 417 on most of his points, there are some things that should not even be contemplated, never mind used. Others out of view of the public and done in ways that won't endanger your co-workers or the people we are supposed to be protecting would not be so bad. Jokes with the rig, medications or the like should be out of the question. Its bad taste. POV's, exploding soda, things of that nature would probably not be at issue. However, the issue began with the dangerous, if not deadly use of the nitro, then someone decides they have to top that, and again. Its not so much negativity, as it is looking out for what the Emergency Services stands for. Remember, not everyone has a decent shut off button, and will try the things that are posted here. If it is improper or not, theres always some wahoo that will do just about anything.

Simple advice: If you wouldn't want it done to you, don't do it to someone else..

My two cents anways.

...oh and before i get put into the fun police column, I enjoyed many of the jokes on here...just wouldn't do some of them and someone would pay hell if they did to me.

judoka5446

Forum Crew Member
My ambulance company buys cheap costco gloves that dont come neatly in the box. Makes it really easy to fill gloves with hand sanitizer and put them back as though nothing has happened. Hilarity ensues.

FDNYChick

Forum Probie
you know there are alot of "what ifs" here about some of the jokes we play on eachother.no one seems to want to take into account that the some of this stuff could happen anyway like "what if i take my fellow crews bags and put them on the cpr bar and they get a call,now they are delayed because they have to fi this mess" well what about if they got into an mva on the way to the call? or how about the medic who is in such a rush to go avaiable that they forget to restock the drug bag and go on a cardiac arrest now they dont have epi,or if ou run out of gas because youve been running around all day doing jobs instead of taking 5 minutes to yourself.

the point is that most of this is harmless fun.there are waaaay worse things out there in the streets that could do more damage than you think.besides just because you play a joke on someone doesnt make you immature.we could all just not have a sence of humor not think that anything in ems is funny and stress the f*ck out and have an mva while flying to a intox on the corner because we have to have a responce time of 5 minutes or less for every call.

lets remember,we are no good to the paitent if we're a wreck ourselves.i welcome a good joke if it makes me laugh.helps reduce the stress

fighting17th

Forum Ride Along
I worked at a transport service where one coworker was always out the door at 7am on the dot. So we lifted his car just barely off the ground using a floor jack and some old deck wood. He ran out one morning, jumped in, and fired it up. The look on his face was priceless as he gave it more and more gas and the car just sat there. Little did we know that he was having transmission issues and he thought that it had finally gave out, making the prank even better.

He got me back by hiding the foil packs of lube all over my car. There were obvious ones wedged in the air vents and in the cup holders, but the best was when I opened the glove compartment to grab a map. When I opened it 7 packs of lube dropped out. My girlfriend was with me and she said "I don't know what you've got planned tonight, but you better buy me dinner first!"

FDNYChick

Forum Probie
Sense of humor does not require physical contact and patient endangerment.

you know what guys lets all stop trying to have fun on the job with one another and be on the straight and narrow like medic here.i mean we're being unprofessional and making the service look bad and...and...

sorry i cant continue that without lauging.....

let me take a wild guess here,medic youve been on the job since,what the consept of ems was createed so you know everything right?you know how every system of ems works in the world and know that by me switching the master off and turning all the light and sirens in the 'On' position thats going to endanger lives...not the 8 flight walk up in the projects and it took us 15 minutes to get there or the cab driver who stopped short infront of us while were running lights and sirens...no that doesnt hurt the paitent.

hey anyone got any haldol,someone here needs to relax and stop treating the rest of us like children.oh and if you really are a medic,its medics like you who think your better than everyone else who give the rest of us a bad name

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
So I am bringing a patient into the ED one day. The charge nurse (notorious for ripping new medics new ones, being tough as nails AND a practical joker) is sitting at the UC's desk. Now I don't pay any attention as this happens from time to time. I put my clipboard on the desk (so the UC can get patient info from it to enter them into the system) and proceed with my patient to the assigned room and transfer of care.

I go to retrieve my clipboard and get some forms out of it. I open the board and there is the biggest, meanest hissing cockroach waving his huge antennae at me and trying to crawl out of the board. Now I come from up north where insects die every fall and have to start again in the spring. A bug this big up there would be going to college.

I have practiced martial arts for years and I have NEVER jumped as far as fast with such grace. The scream I emitted was pretty impressive too!

The ED is still laughing about it.

FDNYChick

Forum Probie
So I am bringing a patient into the ED one day. The charge nurse (notorious for ripping new medics new ones, being tough as nails AND a practical joker) is sitting at the UC's desk. Now I don't pay any attention as this happens from time to time. I put my clipboard on the desk (so the UC can get patient info from it to enter them into the system) and proceed with my patient to the assigned room and transfer of care.

I go to retrieve my clipboard and get some forms out of it. I open the board and there is the biggest, meanest hissing cockroach waving his huge antennae at me and trying to crawl out of the board. Now I come from up north where insects die every fall and have to start again in the spring. A bug this big up there would be going to college.

I have practiced martial arts for years and I have NEVER jumped as far as fast with such grace. The scream I emitted was pretty impressive too!

The ED is still laughing about it.

ok thats a good one :lol:

btw where in az do you work,i plan on moving to sierra vista in so az in like the next 6 mo and have been looking for an ems job out there

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
Variant of this prank

One of the pranks that got pulled in the barracks(YES I got tagged by it) was to empty a tylenol or other capsule type pill, fill it with food coloring and put it in the shower head. It takes a few seconds for the hot water to melt the capsule so the person won't see it as soon as they turn on the shower. Blue was our favorite color as it was the hardest to see.

SoCal

Forum Crew Member
We had a crew opposite of us put pickled egg juice under our beds in our quarters. Mind you our A/C was out and it was a 100 degree night where we were at. So as a retaliation when they ran a call at 10PM, we microwaved the Egg juice and place it under their bed...

At our station our crew quarters have ceiling fans in them and knowing because of the smell and the heat even at 10pm, they would choose to turn the fan on, my partner and I went up and covered the top of the fan blades in cheerios and granulated sugar. When they came back from their run, I could hear them turn on the fan and say what the hell? It was greattt... not to mention we had inspection in the morning and they spent that night vacuuming their bedding and floor hahaha.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
I am known as the safety nut around my peers, but I enjoy a good prank, I enjoy dreaming them up even more.:p My friends and I laugh when one of us falls off our horse or wrecks on the bike. But we will take care of each other if one of us is hurt.
But as a thought here for this thread.
I am pondering the pattern here. When thread like this comes up the negatives are brought up and it turns into a useless debate over wether or not it is ethical to play pranks on the job ?
I wonder how many of the pranks that are thought up are actully followed through. Or are they just passing ideas that would be really funny to pull off. Grant it some are a little wild, but hey if it does not affect emergency response, then what is the big deal?
There are alot of what if's in life, alot of things could happen. I don't think it has to do with being a high schooler or inmature, It more of has to do with making right choices.
Right choices in how the prank is given and how we respond when we are given the treatment and wether or not we even pull it off.
Pretty much thinking about it before doing it.

I think having fun in the down time and pulling pranks on each other, is a way of blowing steam off.
I am not trying to bash anybody, or point any fingers.
Just wanted to put my two cents in.:mellow:

Keep the pranks coming!B)