EMS driving jobs overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Any jobs in New Jersey area where i could be an emt/paramedic and basically just drive for decent money/benefits/pension?!?

Mainly overnight shift...

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Any jobs in New Jersey area where i could be an emt/paramedic and basically just drive for decent money/benefits/pension?!?

Mainly overnight shift...

I'd look in Newark. If your in north jersey.. New jerseys also a big place sooo a little more details may help ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Why would you want to go through all the trouble of becoming a medic just to drive? If you just want to drive check out UPS, their drivers actually do pretty well from what I hear.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
If your interest isn't actually in EMS, but in just driving around places, then no, becoming a paramedic is not worth your time or money.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I wont lie..my intrest is making the most amount of money the easiest way possible...
Well being a medic (usually) is not that and actually becoming a medic is not an easy process. EMS isn't a get rich quick field. Not only that, it will take you 18-24 months to get from nothing to medic and many thousands of dollars. Combine that with what can easily be ****ty hours. Seriously, if you just want to drive and get a fast job, UPS or something along those lines is a much better option for you. If money is your main motivator, I think you will end up one of those people that quit EMS after a few years.

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
I wont lie..my intrest is making the most amount of money the easiest way possible...
Choose another field, you wont be making much as a driver anyways. You don't deserve to be around the sick and injured. You will be dealing with people during the worst times of their lives and often those people have no choice of who takes care of them. Everybody deserves to have the best treatment and care from people who actually CARE. Everyone who gets into any medical profession should do it because they want to help people at the very least, not for the money. Granted there are several people in the medical profession with poor attitudes. However, I would like to say that at one point, they chose the medical field because they wanted to care for people. We don't need people in EMS who have poor attitudes like yours.

If you are interested in just driving, become a truck driver.

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
And i never said i didnt care. I do transport now as an emt and im finishing up prereqs for medic too.

Cant beat 3 day work week tho...

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
And i never said i didnt care. I do transport now as an emt and im finishing up prereqs for medic too.

Cant beat 3 day work week tho...

You can still care. But if your interest is truly "making the most amount of money the easiest way possible," the medical field is not for you. EMS is not an easy job and in no means pays well. Just getting into EMS because of the money, with the poor attitude from the beginning is not a smart thing to do. In a few years from now, you will be hating your job and that will translate to poor patient care.
Just like @StCEMT said, you will be one of those who quits in a few years.
When picking a profession, you should choose one that you actually want to and love to do. Pay and stuff like that should not be your first priority. Especially in the medical field where we deal with people in despair.
You are getting in for all the wrong reasons.

Summit

Critical Crazy
People who like to drive in EMS accept crappy salaries so they can drive with lights and sirens.

If you want to make money driving, UPS or Fedex which will pay decent until auto-driving delivery vehicles reduce the drivers to simple package handlers.

Just getting into EMS because of the money, with the poor attitude from the beginning is not a smart thing to do. In a few years from now, you will be hating your job
No he'll hate his job week two and quit by week six... assuming he takes a job. Once he sees what EMS makes he'll pull the ejection handle.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
And im thinking somewhere along the jersey shore...preferable south but north is cool too.
south is mainly volley... it's a retirement community, especially around barnegat(exit 65 ish)

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I would say street racing, but thats illegal.. but yea, EMS is not a get rich quick field.... Makes for a great side gig though.... You ever think about wall street? i hear they make lots of money

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Uber.
Lyft.
And a few others...work them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.