EMS driving jobs overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
You people r prolly the same ones who either 1 voted for clinton, or 2 hid behind CLAIMING ur voting for clinton because u were afraid to publicly support trump - u couldnt handle the kitchen heat.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
IMG_0008.JPG

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
upload_2016-11-13_0-14-34.png

Please do not bring political views here.

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Oh im sorry officer. Maybe u should scroll back, u no since ur so intelligent and see the first poltical post. Wasnt from me...i responded to it..damn sure didnt bring it here.

"Didnt his candidate lose Tuesday..." (something along those lines which will now be deleted much like clintons emails) was what started that. So nah bro...responsibility on that guy...not me.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
What was this thread about, again? Can we get back to it, or close it?...

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
This thread was about driving for ems..mostly due to the way i appeared i felt.

It escalded when i was told i was lazy with a terrible attitude who will eventually leave ems because ill be miserable but on the contrary its the complete opposite.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
You've been here for nearly 2 years. Half of your posts are condensed to this thread, where you've been *****ing, moaning and insulting others. The other half is pumping people for info on gigs you'd like to land. Your level of contribution = negative value.

May I ask, what exactly are you doing here ?

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Ive been here for 2 years because it took me two years to get started (from class to nremt testing to actually getting a job). Like anyone else with a brain..im not going to just rush into a potential CAREER (life logn work) without getting the information i need.

funny that YOU went through all that trouble to research my posts, just to respond NEGATIVELY. Irony at its finest...

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
I didn't have to read through your posts, mate. All I had to do was zig through the key words. Admittedly, this thread took the longest but it all follows the same pattern. You chose a wrong place to express your frustrations; people come here for different reasons, but usually they end up either learning, teaching or otherwise contributing. You brought in a vibe that is in a harsh dissonance with the rest of the group. Others might've been too nice to tell you that straight, but I'm neither nice nor politically correct. In short - if you aren't here to teach, you're here to learn. And based on what you've shown so far, it's best you keep your fingers idle and your eyes busy.

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Well i appreciate your honesty and i am here to learn - but i will also respond the way id respond to anyone else in daily life. im not PC either, so if you dont like the way i respond than dont come onto my threads.

keeps things simple.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I said you will likely have a short career in EMS because it is a job that naturally has a high turn over rate. There are two types of people I have seen who stick it out 20+. and they either A. Genuinely love the job or B. Are burnt out and are stuck. My general impression of what you want does not seem to fit category A. I may be wrong, but wanting to mostly drive does not make me think so.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I got into ems to make decent money and HELP.

Yet 3 weeks in. Im told im always wrong for trying to help.

This is an agency culture problem, not an EMS problem. There are plenty of patient-centric agencies around, you just have to be willing to relocate for them depending on where you live.

The people on this site are a wealth of knowledge and are more than happy to help you find those agencies but you can't approach it like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
I mostly wanna drive in terms of transport. Nothing really excitinf happening there from what ive seen.

But 911 - may be a different story. Ill be volunteering soon! So ill be finding out soon..

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Given i approached it wrong - which i will agree with - you cant possibly say im wrong on the basis of what im saying in general can you?!?

If im with people that dont care and are talking steady paycheck in transport than yea give me a $23 an hour transport medic job where i just drive - - - but if im in 911 and people actually give a **** and we are making a difference i dont mind putting work in to change someones life for the better...and actually be allowed to do it!

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I dont know how running has me in a good mood (who likes that ****?), but I am, so let's try this. Start over. Completely. Robb is right, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here I pay attention to, including him. So, on that note try again and I think you might get a better response.

Something like "I have worked IFT for 3 weeks and the mindset and culture of where I work sucks and is not satisfying. I want to figure out what my options are to find a good department where I can make a decent living, work with good people that care about their job, and be more satisfied with where I work." Something along these lines would probably get a better response than asking how you can drive all day. One shows you are serious about this job, the other not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.