EMS driving jobs overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
c'mon, you guys can't spot a troll???

He wants to make 70,000 to 80,000 a yeah, with a pension, but he doesn't want to do any work.

He's not motivated (lives in NJ, took NYC and Philly exam, didn't make the cut due to something in his background, didn't mention NJ Law enforcement exams once), and then decided to get a transport job making 12 an hour, and is whining about it.

So he is thinking about medic school, so he can make more money and work less. And even if he becomes a medic, all he wants to do is drive. Because he's lazy.

And since he was fired by UPS 7 years ago, he hasn't considered any other companies to just drive for.

He's not even 30 years old, and all I hear is a lot of whining about how his life sucks because he doesn't want to put in any work to do anything.

If you guys can't spot a troll....

He could move to LA and work for Ambulunz...I hear their EMTs make 70k a year...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
This dude seems to have a excuse for just about everything.

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Yea....yet im the guy being told not to help the 33 year old heroin addict who needs someone to care. "Hes better off dead" they say.

"You do to much" when it comes to cleaning the ambulance.

Maybe thats why 3 weeks in i just wanna drive....and if i was that lazy i wouldnt have an associates degree and emt cert and be in medic school going for a second associates with plans to get a bachelors, maybe a masters...

But keep drinking the kool aid fellas. Trump 2016!!

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
And in regards to driving for a company. I have my cdl, and ill be damned if im gonna work 14 hour days over the road and be home a total of 3 weeks out of the year for 60k a year top out before taxes. Right. :rolleyes:

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
Yea....yet im the guy being told not to help the 33 year old heroin addict who needs someone to care. "Hes better off dead" they say.

"You do to much" when it comes to cleaning the ambulance.

Maybe thats why 3 weeks in i just wanna drive....and if i was that lazy i wouldnt have an associates degree and emt cert and be in medic school going for a second associates with plans to get a bachelors, maybe a masters...

But keep drinking the kool aid fellas. Trump 2016!!
I wont lie..my intrest is making the most amount of money the easiest way possible...

fry.PNG

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Yea easy as in i dont wanna do 25 mins of charts for a freakin routine dialysis call.

When the calls INTRESTING and means something....jobs not hard at all.

But thats right - "everyone bullshitting for attention" is the attitude and not only by emts but nurses too!

What a sick joke. How do you have the right to tell someone their not sick or hurting because YOU dont wanna work.

But im the lazy one?

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Than get told, "have that much compassion for people in front of other emts aswell as police and fire and they will laugh you off the streets."

Wow. Thats our first responders attitudes?
Disgusting.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Let me rephrase that. They matter but their boring calls. Alot of chart work to be a glorified taxi driver...for the most part atleast.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
****. Granted I've been writing papers all day and evening and have had a few to drink, this is probably a troll, but this is hilarious.
Oh you have a useless Associates Degree? Well, you're practically a professor. I have an Honours Ba in Philosophy, a two year Paramedic Diploma and I'm currently in another one year program for my Advanced Care Paramedic. In another year or two I'll probably end up back in school for 6 months for the ongoing IMPACT study to increase my scope for Community Paramedicine.

Were it not for the obscenely low standards required to become an EMT I'm sure you would find yourself qualified for any number of jobs in the rapid food service or general labour industries. Unfortunately they're unlikely to come with excellent compensation, benefits and pension that come with being an educated professional. If anything count yourself lucky you've failed upwards as well as you have. With any luck you'll be a supervisor or manager at your company before long. Keep at it, believe in yourself and you too can help run a crappy company, providing crappy service, staffed by undertrained, burnt-out providers, doing as little as possible. You're probably at the entry level for about as high as you can expect to climb, don't screw that up by getting in over your head anywhere that has standards and accountability.

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
All you hear in school is be a patient advocate and we dont do this for the money.

Yet 3 weeks on and no one cares about a patient. They can be screaming in pain and its just "********."

Nurses telling us we gotta wait in the er because their not "wasting a room on that.."

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I wish my charts only took 25 minutes.

I had a trauma this morning, GCS of 3 and trissmussed. Didn't do anything fancy outside of BLS besides start a line and spent 60 minutes having to justify why I chose not to RSI him in my chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Let me rephrase that. They matter but their boring calls. Alot of chart work to be a glorified taxi driver...for the most part atleast.
what is your job description as an EMT? what kind of job is being an EMT? It's something called a civil servant. You help the people. Those folks need help by getting to their dialysis treatment, its your job. if you dont want to do that, find a way around. But you WILL not call first responders on this website disgusting. We are all one family.

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Nice response bro. Typical run of the mill college boy who drinks all day. Let me guess - that peice of paper shows just how intelligent your are right?

Knowledge and intelligence are two complelty different things my man. Regardless, in 5 years, ill still have more education than you.

I worked 60 hours a week during the day (6 days a week of work) and went to school for years at night to get that damn associates degree..so yes i am VERY proud of it.

And yes i was snubbed on every promotion because i was told i didnt have what it took to be a manager while some lazy uneducated DUMB ******* after dumb ******* that had half my work ethic would be promoted over me everytime. Thats not laziness on my part - thats jealousy doooooode. Fear i may go further than them.

And if your a first responder and say "hes better off dead because they have an issue they cant control" your disgusting and hide behind societies fantasy that you actually care. PERIOD.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
FFS paperwork is the fundamental basis of this job. In all honesty you want to do the bare minimum and make the most amount of money. I have seen and heard some lazy people, but my friend you take the cake. All you want to do is sit on your *** and make a 60+k a year. Thats not how public service works. You actually have to get off the couch and do something.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Nice response bro. Typical run of the mill college boy who drinks all day. Let me guess - that peice of paper shows just how intelligent your are right?

Knowledge and intelligence are two complelty different things my man. Regardless, in 5 years, ill still have more education than you.

I worked 60 hours a week during the day (6 days a week of work) and went to school for years at night to get that damn associates degree..so yes i am VERY proud of it.

And yes i was snubbed on every promotion because i was told i didnt have what it took to be a manager while some lazy uneducated DUMB ******* after dumb ******* that had half my work ethic would be promoted over me everytime. Thats not laziness on my part - thats jealousy doooooode. Fear i may go further than them.

And if your a first responder and say "hes better off dead because they have an issue they cant control" your disgusting and hide behind societies fantasy that you actually care. PERIOD.
completely*, however.. WHAT? just WHAT, i can't even follow this. but im checking out of this.

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Thats called a typo. Please...dude...come on. Acting smart and bein smart are again 2 very different things. A typo validates nothing but in ur mind u got me good. Wow is right.

And to the guy who said i just wanna sit on my *** all day making 60k a year. True but, id rather bust my *** for 120k.

60k is just enough to get by. 120k im living goood. Very different mentalities. Very.

That said..atleast i no when i see someone whose sick..i care. Whether i wanna work or not. Thats got me more satisfcation than anyone with 10 years on the job who claims they care yet only want the paycheck.

Im opposite..i dont hide behind fraudulent compassion when i really want money.

Ill tell u straight up..i want money but I ACTUALLY CARE. Thats no "troll" sorry to crush ur "im better than him" dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.