EMS driving jobs overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Does anyone know where I can get a job screwing? I really like screwing things. I mean I do not want to do all the extra actions like putting my weight into it, using my wrists, or shifting hips to thrust weight in on a really tight or hard screw, I just want to screw kind of while sitting or standing. No sweat breaking, or grunting. Just very basic screwing.

Do you think screwing pays well or there is high demand for screwers? It might not be possible though because as little effort I want to put into screwing, it means the object would have to turn around me while I hold the screwdriver. Not really plausible I guess. Oh well, I will just lazy screw and see what comes along.

*This is all construction related...get your minds out of the gutter!

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Lol...i only say this because ive been on the job 3 weeks doing transport and dont no anything.

If i knew what i was doing...it wouldnt be so bad...but that takes time. Just sucks starting over - people looking at you like ur incompentant becaus u have no experience.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Lol...i only say this because ive been on the job 3 weeks doing transport and dont no anything.

If i knew what i was doing...it wouldnt be so bad...but that takes time. Just sucks starting over - people looking at you like ur incompentant becaus u have no experience.
Because*, know*, Incompetent*
I get starting a new job may stink..... however why would you be looking for another job already....
A transport job is what it sounds like. You transport people, if its IFT- that means between facilities. Most common transfer is dialysis if im not mistaken.

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Maybe im just jumping the gun.

Always wanted to be a cop...but couldnt get hired. Thats how i got into ems. Double the gore half the pay :(

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Lol...i only say this because I've been on the job 3 weeks doing transport and don't know anything.

If i knew what i was doing...it wouldn't be so bad...but that takes time. Just sucks starting over - people looking at you like ur incompetent because u have no experience.
:).

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

Always wanted to be a cop...but couldnt get hired. Thats how i got into ems. Double the gore half the pay :(
Im in Law enforcement what route did you go?
Also junkies is not a good term to call people....

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Phillly pd and nypd. I really wanted to be an nypd detective one day. :(

Took me 7 years to get an associates degree to be eligible and was jacked and ready to go (320 lbs bench, 600 deadlift, 405 pound squats, etc.)

When they said no...it all unravelled. Now i have a useless associates degree and make $12.50 an hour at damn near 30 years old.

Heartbreaking after all the work i put in. :(

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
My only hope now is the fire side but its soooo competitiveand not what i really wanted - worth a shot but doubtful. Im expecting the same result sadly.

Philly fd and fdny/fdny ems.

Summit

Critical Crazy

Seriously... package delivery. No gore, twice the pay, and no pt outcomes to affect.

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Cant..have a cdl a but i was fired by ups when i was 20-21 years old. They wont take me back. Not to mention id have to start all over again as a handler....im 28 years old not 19 anymore.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Phillly pd and nypd. I really wanted to be an nypd detective one day. :(

Took me 7 years to get an associates degree to be eligible and was jacked and ready to go (320 lbs bench, 600 deadlift, 405 pound squats, etc.)

When they said no...it all unravelled. Now i have a useless associates degree and make $12.50 an hour at damn near 30 years old.

Heartbreaking after all the work i put in. :(
Considering the NYPD has not really been hiring, i can understand why they said no. Have you ever thought about working for a municipality?? Unless your degree is in underwater basketweaving, its not useless.. Physical fitness is a part of being in law enforcement, but you don't need to be able to run through walls.... Also, What was the application process like? what stage did you get to?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
They dqed me on the background.
Well... how'd you manage that, NYS protocols for the preliminary background check for the following:
  • CPL 160.50 dismissed cases
  • CPL 160.55 eligible violation/infraction convictions
  • CPL 160.58 eligible substance abuse and related convictions
  • CPL 720.35 youthful offender adjudications
As well as any recent felonies/ "stacked" misdemeanors... which if you have either, especially a felony, considering law enforcement was probably not a good call..

Summit

Critical Crazy
OP How did you pass the background for your EMT certification and EMS job?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
c'mon, you guys can't spot a troll???

He wants to make 70,000 to 80,000 a yeah, with a pension, but he doesn't want to do any work.

He's not motivated (lives in NJ, took NYC and Philly exam, didn't make the cut due to something in his background, didn't mention NJ Law enforcement exams once), and then decided to get a transport job making 12 an hour, and is whining about it.

So he is thinking about medic school, so he can make more money and work less. And even if he becomes a medic, all he wants to do is drive. Because he's lazy.

And since he was fired by UPS 7 years ago, he hasn't considered any other companies to just drive for.

He's not even 30 years old, and all I hear is a lot of whining about how his life sucks because he doesn't want to put in any work to do anything.

If you guys can't spot a troll....

VentMonkey

Family Guy
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.