Emergency Care for the Sick and INjured 9th Edition

RESQ-ME

Forum Ride Along
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the EMergency 9th ed. instructor lecture guide? Besides the emtb.com website or paying for it?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the EMergency 9th ed. instructor lecture guide? Besides the emtb.com website or paying for it?

Your a student it is not for your use.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
As a teacher and one time Department Chair I've purchased many Teacher Editions directly from the publisher. If you have a reason to have it, they are more than willing to sell you one. Usually it involved a letter on school letterhead.

If you have no legitimate use for the materials then we're not going to support your academic dishonesty.

medic417

The Truth Provider
As a teacher and one time Department Chair I've purchased many Teacher Editions directly from the publisher. If you have a reason to have it, they are more than willing to sell you one. Usually it involved a letter on school letterhead.

If you have no legitimate use for the materials then we're not going to support your academic dishonesty.

Thanks for your honesty. It is sad to think someone would consider cheating and even sadder that they think we would help them.

rogersam5

Forum Crew Member
out of curiosity what is in the instructor guide that isn't in the student version? Is it just the answers to the questions at the end of the chapters?

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
The instructor's guide will have the answer keys to all the quizzes. It also will highlight those areas that the instructor is going to grade specifically, such as what are the critical fails for a practical.

It also guides the instructor on what to emphasize during a class. As a study tool, I can see it being used by a student to narrow in on what areas to study. Though the EMT book is so simple and the class so easy, I can't imagine why anyone would want or need to cheat.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

I think the OP was more interested in getting a free copy then the ethics of having an instructor's guide.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I think the OP was more interested in getting a free copy then the ethics of having an instructor's guide.

ROFL.... yeah.. paying for a copy is almost like having to study.

rogersam5

Forum Crew Member
The instructor's guide will have the answer keys to all the quizzes. It also will highlight those areas that the instructor is going to grade specifically, such as what are the critical fails for a practical.

It also guides the instructor on what to emphasize during a class. As a study tool, I can see it being used by a student to narrow in on what areas to study. Though the EMT book is so simple and the class so easy, I can't imagine why anyone would want or need to cheat.

oh... so it would be useless to me anyway considering my instructor doesn't use the quizes from the book all that much... slash like ever....:rolleyes:

I just didn't know what it came with... and you are right about the material in the class being easy.... wow... yeah...

OP
OP
RESQ-ME

RESQ-ME

Forum Ride Along
1st Test for chapters 1-6

Took the first test and it was really nothing that the Instructor went over with the PowerPoint slides etc. We had a bunch of fill in questions with writing the steps out. Everybody in my class failed and then the instructor said the test did not go along with the standard that it should be mult. choice. So we take it again soon and I'm sure people will pass with flying colors! The only reason you have to go to class should be the practical stuff, for the instructor to read slides to you is senseless! Why waste my time listening to him when I can read this stuff at home.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
9th??? Fred, Barney, we gotta go update!!

I bought Edition 1 in 1976 and took my class with edition 2 in 1977-78.

flhtci01

Forum Captain
Learn to improvise, adapt and overcome. Not every injury will be be a textbook injury. If you can learn to adapt to the situation presented, rather than trying to make the situation adapt to the way you think it should be, you might have a chance.

So skip short cuts, read the book, listen to the powerpoints and learn how the instructor tests.

Katie Elaine

Forum Probie
Took the first test and it was really nothing that the Instructor went over with the PowerPoint slides etc. We had a bunch of fill in questions with writing the steps out. Everybody in my class failed and then the instructor said the test did not go along with the standard that it should be mult. choice. So we take it again soon and I'm sure people will pass with flying colors! The only reason you have to go to class should be the practical stuff, for the instructor to read slides to you is senseless! Why waste my time listening to him when I can read this stuff at home.

Sure, some of the powerpoints and such are gone through much too quickly and it may seem pointless, but there is so much insight from your instructor that comes along with it. The class isn't just about textbook stuff, its about experiences and changes to seemingly simple calls. There is no such thing as a textbook call, and your instructor can guide you as to how to react to certain things. And if you have any questions, you can ask the instructor instead first hand on any experiences he/she has. Simply hearing the instructor teach can help you remember, and most of the time instructors focus on the really important stuff.

During my class, the instructors were EMT-I's and Ski Patrollers. They made their own slide-shows, and were active teachers. Sure, a passive teacher who just reads off the slides isn't that helpful, but being in a classroom environment is so much more beneficial than sitting at home reading out of a book. Then you and your classmates can hold over-view sessions after class, or you can bounce questions off of each other when you are reviewing for a test or a practical.

OP
OP
RESQ-ME

RESQ-ME

Forum Ride Along
Earn.Money.Studying(Sleeping)

I now know why EMT's and Paramedic's have low incomes, they are not always busy doing things. They earn money sleeping while other professions are getting paid to be "on" all the time like teachers. Getting paid for 2 hrs worth of work on a 6-8 hr shift isn't bad at all. Plus they can study to get a better job while getting paid.....

Ridryder911

EMS Guru

If your instructor reads slides then your instructor is piss poor and your class will suck! I would demand my money back!

I now know why EMT's and Paramedic's have low incomes, they are not always busy doing things. They earn money sleeping while other professions are getting paid to be "on" all the time like teachers. Getting paid for 2 hrs worth of work on a 6-8 hr shift isn't bad at all. Plus they can study to get a better job while getting paid.....

Sleep? I don't know what your smoking? ... Come work with the other 90% of EMS where most get maybe an hour sleep or downtime within 24 hours! Look at the sleep deprivation studies before making such statements!

R/r 911

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations

I started to reply, but changed my mind...<_<