Do you think NREMT will deny my recertification due to 2 misdemeanor convictions?

RegainHope

Forum Ride Along
I was convicted of one count of misdemeanor stalking and one count of misdemeanor harassment in another state. Long story, but it involved a girl I was intimate with. I never threatened violence or physically assaulted her or anything like that. It was more so unwanted, persistent contact with her. This was not related whatsoever to work. This was a personal matter outside work.

Anyways, I had to disclose my convictions to the NREMT, along with providing documentation.

I completed my 3 year probation, and I voluntarily surrendered my state license back in 2019. The conviction was back in 2016, so it has been roughly 5 years. Since my conviction 5 years ago, I have had no more run ins with the law. I haven't even had a traffic ticket since then.

Do you think they will deny my application for national registry? It can take up to 45 days for them to process my documentation, and I am anxious and inpatient.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
I was convicted of one count of misdemeanor stalking and one count of misdemeanor harassment in another state. Long story, but it involved a girl I was intimate with. I never threatened violence or physically assaulted her or anything like that. It was more so unwanted, persistent contact with her. This was not related whatsoever to work. This was a personal matter outside work.

Anyways, I had to disclose my convictions to the NREMT, along with providing documentation.

I completed my 3 year probation, and I voluntarily surrendered my state license back in 2019. The conviction was back in 2016, so it has been roughly 5 years. Since my conviction 5 years ago, I have had no more run ins with the law. I haven't even had a traffic ticket since then.

Do you think they will deny my application for national registry? It can take up to 45 days for them to process my documentation, and I am anxious and inpatient.
They are the only ones who can provide an answer, we would just be guessing.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
no one other than NR can tell you what they will do... wait 45 days and you will get the official answer.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Only the NR knows. You've waited a long time, another 45 days is not that long and you'll know. If they deny, they may (or may not) tell you why they denied the application. If it's a time-related thing, wait the extra time and reapply.