Do you believe in EMTLIFE "Black Holes"?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
black_hole2_440.jpg

I feel that there are some subjects and many people which when brought together in a thread cause the conversation to spiral into a flurry of ongoing comments but little or no progress of ideas or introduction of new material/citations*. This is not limited to EMTLIFE but we're here, so...?

If you agree, how about some candidates for BH status?

*Or, as in the picture, the subject sucks the light out of the exchange.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
...and why is it you want to make black holes out of black holes?

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

You mean, the subject of Black Holes is a Black hole? I think I just dived into my navel....:blink:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
The Nurse vs Paramedic debate seems to spiral out of control when brought up in threads. It seems someone always has to bring up "Nurses are just monkeys who just follow doctor's orders and can not think for themselves unlike us paramedics"

The "How much and what kind of experience should I have before I start Paramedic school" debates get pretty ridiculous....

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Ok at the risk of pushing yet another thread into the abyss I'll say it "guns".

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

What chu talking about BBG!?

:usa:

Achilles

Forum Moron
black_hole2_440.jpg

I feel that there are some subjects and many people which when brought together in a thread cause the conversation to spiral into a flurry of ongoing comments but little or no progress of ideas or introduction of new material/citations*. This is not limited to EMTLIFE but we're here, so...?

If you agree, how about some candidates for BH status?

*Or, as in the picture, the subject sucks the light out of the exchange.

So like your thread about getting rid of EMT Basics?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Any newbie Ricky Rescue post degenerates into noise rather quickly.

As does any "looking for a job in California" thread.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Black Holes here?

Impossible, because no matter what you got, somebody's looking for it! Somewhere on the journey TO the Black Hole is something valuable to someone, thereby negating the possibility of a Black Hole.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I can't wait till I order my bullet proof vest.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I can't wait till I order my bullet proof vest.
just remember, if won't help if you are shot in the head... or the leg.... or the arm... or the genitals.....

CMHills

Forum Probie
A few I've noticed:

- Anything involving what an EMSP should do when they encounter something off duty.

- Fire vs. Third-service EMS.

- Guns. (I know it's been said, but those get so bad it needed repeating)

- "The way it should be..." When we get going about why our EMS system(s) suck(s) and how to make it/them better, it drags on for days. I personally think this is the most fruitful of the black hole topics, simply because it encourages people to think about another way of doing things. However, we certainly know how to beat that particular horse extra, extra dead.

- And finally, any time a whacker shows his or her head, we pounce. Quickly and violently. Now that I think of it these threads may be more akin to a supernova than a black hole, but it all fits under the heading of cosmic phenomena.

Thoughts?