CARE ambulance

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
Found out today I didn't get the position. Pretty damn bummed I missed out on such a great opportunity.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
One door closes and another opens. Or just break a window :)

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
Heh thanks bbg, hopefully that's the case.

tylerkd07

Forum Crew Member
Can anybody tell him what skills to work on for the interview? I have an interview this Friday and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
Splinting, bleeding control, bagging, airways, & Suctioning. Skills are straight off the NR sheets, so make sure you know em', to the last detail.

Anybody else here starting on the 30th?

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
Found out today I didn't get the position. Pretty damn bummed I missed out on such a great opportunity.

Did you ask why not or what you could do to make yourself a better candidate for next time?

bchasep

Forum Crew Member
dont stress it, its easy dude. make sure you have good examples of conflicts with employees etc and how you solved the situations for your interview

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
I have my first day of orientation on Monday. Can anybody let me know what it is that'll be going on during those 4 days?

Anonymous

Forum Captain
You will be covering everything from being introduced to various people to benefits, payroll scheduling etc. Operations, expanded scopes for LA and Orange and a whole lot more. It is a lot of information.

jbnus2

Forum Probie
@anonymous...what is the 2nd week of traing like....I understand its out in the field....do you do 12hr shifts...and do you have any idea where you go?

Anonymous

Forum Captain
2nd week are regular shifts just with an FTO. They try and schedule you 2 fire shifts and 2 IFTs. Fire shifts will be 12, private will be around 9. You are the third person so you ride in the back the entire time which gets old. Mostly you will be learning the epcr they use. My advice is please please try to take initiative and jump in there while you have an FTO watching over you because after that you are on your own, especially if you have never worked as an EMT before. I would try to do assessments if they will let you, set up 12 leads etc.

Imacho

Forum Lieutenant
2nd week are regular shifts just with an FTO. They try and schedule you 2 fire shifts and 2 IFTs. Fire shifts will be 12, private will be around 9. You are the third person so you ride in the back the entire time which gets old. Mostly you will be learning the epcr they use. My advice is please please try to take initiative and jump in there while you have an FTO watching over you because after that you are on your own, especially if you have never worked as an EMT before. I would try to do assessments if they will let you, set up 12 leads etc.

They don't stop you at the door and say "wait til were ready for you?"