CARE ambulance

EMTelite

Forum Lieutenant
hey guys whats up, I have an interview and testing session scheduled with CARE ambulance service they said it consisted of a written a skills and a three person panel interview I was wondering if anyone has tested with them and could give me some tips before going in there i.e... things to prepare for:ph34r:

thanks guys

terrible one

Always wandering
go work for AMR in SB/Riverside county!
your nothing more than a gurney jockey in LAco for the FD. you will learn A LOT more in other areas with private ambulances first in.

if you HAVE to work in LA review basic emt stuff. interview, why do you want to work in an ambulance? why here? what have you done to prepare? where do you see yourself in x years? goals? etc.... maybe a scenario question

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
go work for AMR in SB/Riverside county!
your nothing more than a gurney jockey in LAco for the FD. you will learn A LOT more in other areas with private ambulances first in.

if you HAVE to work in LA review basic emt stuff. interview, why do you want to work in an ambulance? why here? what have you done to prepare? where do you see yourself in x years? goals? etc.... maybe a scenario question

Hahahaha, sorry, but, AMR isn't first in SB County. In SB county control lies with whoever gets there first, and, a lot of the time, that's fire.

Also in both counties, you get to do 6 months plus time til next shift bid on a BB IFT truck. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but, you don't get to learn all that much from a medic that way.

And, don't knock LACo, you get to meet Johnny and Roy!!!!

(btw, I've learned quite a bit working with Johnny and Roy, like, where NOT to go to medic school, and how NOT to focus in on just one of the patient's statements, and, how, EVERY pt deserves a FULL ALS assessment)

JPINFV

Gadfly
(btw, I've learned quite a bit working with Johnny and Roy, like, where NOT to go to medic school, and how NOT to focus in on just one of the patient's statements, and, how, EVERY pt deserves a FULL ALS assessment)

Southern California is a perfect case study...

on how not to run an EMS system.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Los Angeles!=Southern California?

terrible one

Always wandering
Hahahaha, sorry, but, AMR isn't first in SB County. In SB county control lies with whoever gets there first, and, a lot of the time, that's fire.

Also in both counties, you get to do 6 months plus time til next shift bid on a BB IFT truck. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but, you don't get to learn all that much from a medic that way.

ok, you'll still learn more with the one on one medic/EMT than in LA county. and at Care ambulance you do 6months of IFT before 911.

i dont know Johnny and Roy but i have worked in LA county for 4 years, and ya its exactly how EMS shouldnt be run.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Hehe... Orange County native here, so I've gotta represent.

SoCal

Forum Crew Member
Got it man! Ya I can't believe that EMS is ran the way it is in LA Co. ... It makes me not wanna get hurt in LA Co.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
i dont know Johnny and Roy but i have worked in LA county for 4 years, and ya its exactly how EMS shouldnt be run.

Oh, man, you're deprived!!! Go hit Hulu and watch Emergency!

mperkel

Forum Probie
tips

I got hired by them, and turned the job down because I got better pay and didn't have to make a commitment to them.

You go in and take a written test, followed by skills. Go first. They were nitpicky. Know your stuff. The guy kept asking if i missed anything. I thought i didn't. He suggested I stick a cold pack in the splint. Not part of skills, but just a comfort measure. I obviously passed, just like I said, they're nickpickity. The interview was sort of intense. Focus on the person asking the question. Try not to be nervous. While responding alternate your gaze between the interviewers. They didn't like the fact I wanted a summer job, and was leaving for school up north in September. lol.

Good Luck.

flightnurse30

Forum Ride Along
I have an interview also! Help!

EMTelite...

How did that interview with CARE go?! I have an interview this Thursday with them and am worried about the skills part! I have no idea what to expect... any tips or advice for me!??

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief

Number1Monkey

Forum Ride Along
First post ever...

I worked for CARE back in 07. It's an awesome company in my opinion. But there are ups n downs for all counties. I prefer SB county for sure, but if you're close to or in LA or Orange it may be worth it. As I recall, the interview was easy, just be relaxed. They don't turn many people down... As one person said, you will be a "gurney jockey" for the FD... IF you pick up 911 shifts. You will spend well over 6 months on an IFT car and you will be RUN HARD ALL DAY!!

Anyway, my 2 cents... glad I found this board...

E0Lin1

Forum Ride Along
I have an interview this Wednesday with CARE. I'm a little nervous about it. I'd really like to work for them or AMR.

dave0811

Forum Probie
GOOD LUCK!! I had mine last week. Dont be super stressed about it. make sure you read up on body functions like the heart and lungs, and know your patho for things like COPD, and all the others. Best of luck man. The EMTs said they are always hiring, so unless your a bag of a** im sure youll knock it out of the park!!

Last edited by a moderator:

E0Lin1

Forum Ride Along
GOOD LUCK!! I had mine last week. Dont be super stressed about it. make sure you read up on body functions like the heart and lungs, and know your patho for things like COPD, and all the others. Best of luck man. The EMTs said they are always hiring, so unless your a bag of a** im sure youll knock it out of the park!!

Thanks! How did it go? Are you still waiting around for a job offer? Lets see if I'm a "bag of a**" later today. LOL!

dave0811

Forum Probie
mine went great. just standard questions. I should be hearing back from him some time today or thursday. just dont be nervous he wont through anything to crazy at you