Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Doesn't Tigger work Boston?

OP
OP
M

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
I almost worked a Marathon detail. I am happy I didn't but I have a lot of friends working today. I am hoping everyone stays safe. I'm pretty sure Tigger moved to CO.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I almost worked a Marathon detail. I am happy I didn't but I have a lot of friends working today. I am hoping everyone stays safe. I'm pretty sure Tigger moved to CO.

Well, that's where he got served his subpeona.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I believe he does

Not anymore, I moved to Colorado permanently. I'm trying to get in touch with some former coworkers, but right now local news says 2 dead and 22 injured as a result of two separate bombs.

live feed from FOX25: http://www.myfoxboston.com/category/246064/breaking-news-livestream

Very concerning, cannot get in touch with my family, no cell calls going through.

ETA I have gotten in touch with them now, my sister is at BC and it's really popular to go watch the marathon since everyone gets school off downtown, which she was. She is fine though and back in her dorm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

medicsb

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a lot of family in friends in and around Boston and via the internets they're reporting that the phone system is not working (likely over-burdened). So, social media or email is likely the best way to try and communicate for now.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I read that they shut down cell towers to prevent them from potentially activating any other bombs. Plus I'm sure everything that is up is overwhelmed. Try texting, you might have better luck getting through.

Lots of pictures and videos of Boston EMS, Boston PD, and Boston FD, as well as all the medical staff for the event. looks pretty bad.

The only good thing (if you can call it good) was there was already a heavy EMS and PD presence of additional staffing for the marathon, so when the explosion happened, all the field staff and doctors changed their views from looking after the runners to treating the wounded.

2 undetonated devices found by BPD, 1 has seen been detonated by the bomb squad.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Such horrible news. My thoughts are with those affected by this apparent deliberate act.

Watching the live feed it looks like there was a third explosion at the JFK library.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Such horrible news. My thoughts are with those affected by this apparent deliberate act.

Watching the live feed it looks like there was a third explosion at the JFK library.

Ya they're conflicting reports of that being related or not.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
It is common practice to shut down cell towers pre-emptively to avoid overload and keep certain channels open for authorities, plus cell towers which are overloaded will trip themselves.

REMEMBER, most of what you hear on the media today will be wrong.

medicsb

Forum Asst. Chief
I read that they shut down cell towers to prevent them from potentially activating any other bombs. Plus I'm sure everything that is up is overwhelmed. Try texting, you might have better luck getting through.

Yeah, I just read that they have been intentionally shut down.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Ugly all around. Best wishes to Boston EMS, fire, PD, and all others affected by this.

Rialaigh

Forum Asst. Chief
Prayers with the victims and their families.

I applaud the response and preparation by Boston PD, EMS, and Fire. Everything from the videos seems like the response by first responders and the initial medical care provided was absolutely top notch and everyone was well prepared.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
No time to read through thread but my thoughts ar with those effected by the events in Boston. Please stay safe if you're in the area and if you're one of the responders keep safe and make us proud.

JPINFV

Gadfly
On the somewhat bright side, Boston EMS treats the marathon as a big MCI drill anyways. So they're already set up with command posts, surge capacity, and lots of mutual aid already. Short of not having an attack, this was the best possible time and place.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
A news reporter announced the Boston area had responded rapidly with scores of ambulances appearing.
Probably didn't know they were staged. ICS does have some good points if done seriously.