Best Gloves

NBFFD2433

Forum Crew Member
I know that Nitrile gloves are best but what brand is the best. A lot of people use Kimberly Clark brand. What do you guys use?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I know that Nitrile gloves are best but what brand is the best. A lot of people use Kimberly Clark brand. What do you guys use?
Whatever is in size "Large"...:p

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Seriously, when it comes to gloves, I usually just go with an inexpensive glove that's nitrile, is powder-free, and has some kind of texturing for grip. Now if you deal with chemo patients, if they've had a treatment within the past 48 hours, you'll want gloves that are rated for working with chemo agents. I think the gloves above are rated for that. Otherwise, go with whatever's inexpensive...

My favorite gloves are those Microflex Diamond Grip gloves, but I can't use them because too many people are sensitive to latex. I'm not... yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I didn't know ZEE made gloves.

They don't. They are just one of the many suppliers of the Nitrile 911 gloves that I personally like. No powder, non-latex, textured, don't rip very easily.

DerekC

Forum Crew Member
One of the agencies I have been doing my clinicals with still use latex. Are that many people sensitive to latex? I have never actually met anyone that is. I actually prefer them to nitrile, personally. I have sweaty hands and they seem to go on easier than the nitrile. It's embarrassing but i fight the nitrile sometimes.

OP
OP
NBFFD2433

NBFFD2433

Forum Crew Member
One of the agencies I have been doing my clinicals with still use latex. Are that many people sensitive to latex? I have never actually met anyone that is. I actually prefer them to nitrile, personally. I have sweaty hands and they seem to go on easier than the nitrile. It's embarrassing but i fight the nitrile sometimes.

In NC all healthcare providers (including EMT s and Paramedics) must use nitrile just for the sake of allergies.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The best gloves are the ones that are on my truck and I don't have to pay for

Rialaigh

Forum Asst. Chief
Small and easy to carry in a pocket
Easy to put on at a moments notice
Textured for grip
Not to thick
Something that will not tear ever
Comes in XXXL size...

...That is why I choose Trojan for all my glove needs...

Seriously though

Microflex Diamond Grip Latex are by far the best I have ever used

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Small and easy to carry in a pocket
Easy to put on at a moments notice
Textured for grip
Not to thick
Something that will not tear ever
Comes in S size...

...That is why I choose Trojan for all my glove needs...

Seriously though

Microflex Diamond Grip Latex are by far the best I have ever used

Fixed that for you :rofl: