Best cure for a hangover

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
now that's a party...... I thought they stopped having those in the 70s

Nope, this party was in '03. I was 23 at the time. I'm usually one of the designated drivers, but since no one was leaving, there was no need for a driver, so I drank with everyone else.

Word of advice... if there is a trampoline with 8 drunk people on it at once, make sure the safety netting around it is intact, and the cameras are hidden ;)

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Just remember the proper order of operation.

First you come up with a crazy plan.
Next you do the crazy plan.
Finally, you drink to celebrate success of the crazy plan.

Failure to adhere to this order will end with you naked on the table at the local trauma center. Definately not a happy day if you work there.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Failure to adhere to this order will end with you naked on the table at the local trauma center. Definately not a happy day if you work there.

Happens to the best of us...

It is kind of awkward when your clinical instructor is the one cutting off your pants/boxers

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Happens to the best of us...

It is kind of awkward when your clinical instructor is the one cutting off your pants/boxers

FNGs :)

socalmedic

Mediocre at best

Summit

Critical Crazy
Drink more... or less...

Boogster

Forum Probie
I always drink water while in drinking my alcoholic beverage. I have yet to have a hangover, but I'm ony 23, so I have time.

For my friends I always make them chug a gatorade, then fill it with water, take tylenol and sleep. tell them to drink and refill the bottle at least four times. Gotta rehydrates them sons-a-biscuits.

AzValley

Forum Lieutenant
I always drink water while in drinking my alcoholic beverage. I have yet to have a hangover, but I'm ony 23, so I have time.

For my friends I always make them chug a gatorade, then fill it with water, take tylenol and sleep. tell them to drink and refill the bottle at least four times. Gotta rehydrates them sons-a-biscuits.

wait to you are 40. recovering from everything is 10 times as long

domepatrol

Forum Ride Along
Gatorade and water before bed. Scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, and sourdough toast for breakfast.

Sugary mixed drinks give me worse hangovers than beer. So I avoid them. Beer and bourbon for me.

AzValley

Forum Lieutenant
Gatorade and water before bed. Scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, and sourdough toast for breakfast.

Sugary mixed drinks give me worse hangovers than beer. So I avoid them. Beer and bourbon for me.

Gatorade and water before bed...sometimes very hard to remember this :unsure:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Placentophagy... (since SDN started tomorrow a few hours early)

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I was pretty sure I understood you, but I googled it just to double check... I'm not even going to ask if you're referring that to us based on experience JP...:ph34r:

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Do as the germans do

In Munich they always have some sort of beef broth based soup available for breakfast. Idea being the high levels of iodine helps replenish what you lost the night before

In NJ, pork roll, egg and cheese on a hard roll, salt pepper ketchup

And at least a liter of water before bed...if you can remember

SeaFoam

Forum Probie
Gatorade and water before bed...sometimes very hard to remember this :unsure:

I usually do Ibuprofen and Gatorade before bed, seems to do the trick.

Oh, don't forget to order food before you go to bed or have some made, so much better in the morning when you don't have to actually make the food. ;)

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
There's no magic cure only mitigations.

1.Limit alcohol consumption

2. If you are drinking, stick to the one type of drink preferably with no caffeine and small amounts of sugar. I tend to drink vodka w/ lime and soda when Im out clubbing.

3. Eat before you start drinking and eat before you go to bed.

4. Hydrate. Drink lots of water before during and after alcohol before bed.

5. A multi-vitamin or B vitamin complex is also good to have before bed.

6. IV NS :D