Avive 4 minute city

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I imagine if it's anything like Pulse Point they just send out the "CPR Needed!" notification to any/all Volunteers in range, meanwhile Dispatch does their normal thing dispatching the closest available appropriate units per local policy as if there weren't any Avive/Pulse Point volunteers anywhere nearby. If the volunteers show up with an AED, cool gravy, if they simply ignore the alert for whatever reason, then it's no different to normal Dispatch operations, they're not actually controlling said volunteers

HardKnocks

Forum Lieutenant
I imagine if it's anything like Pulse Point they just send out the "CPR Needed!" notification to any/all Volunteers in range, meanwhile Dispatch does their normal thing dispatching the closest available appropriate units per local policy as if there weren't any Avive/Pulse Point volunteers anywhere nearby. If the volunteers show up with an AED, cool gravy, if they simply ignore the alert for whatever reason, then it's no different to normal Dispatch operations, they're not actually controlling said volunteers
Thanks for the clarification.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
How do you determine if the AED Possessor is available to respond, (i.e. the AED is at Home and the Owner is away from home)? Will AHA Certs be required to insure proficiency with AED and CPR? We all go through re-certs and retraining.

I believe to make this work the Volunteers are going to have to put themselves "Available" with Dispatch.

If not, Dispatch will be put in a resource management problem/situation; where response delays result, (while Dispatch trying to get a Volunteer Response and Volunteers are away from their Equipment or Unavailable to respond).

Its going to take a serious commitment by Volunteers to go "Available" and "Not-Available" with some type of 911 dispatch system.

Thoughts?
This does not replace any part of a “normal” 911 response to a cardiac arrest.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
This does not replace any part of a “normal” 911 response to a cardiac arrest.
This is no different than a bystander opening an AED cabinet and taking a traditional AED to a cardiac arrest. The only difference is, in this case, all AEDs in a specific geographical area alert and a bystander is prompted to take the AED to the location and apply it.