AMR San Gabriel valley skills/interview

starrgirl2029

Forum Ride Along
I have an skills/interview Wednesday with AMR in irwindale, I was told if I pass skills I'll get an interview. Any tips for what skills I will be getting tested on and which ones to pay extra attention too? Some interview pointers and resume tips
This will be my first Ems job interview and skills testing and don't know what to expect.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I have an skills/interview Wednesday with AMR in irwindale, I was told if I pass skills I'll get an interview. Any tips for what skills I will be getting tested on and which ones to pay extra attention too? Some interview pointers and resume tips
This will be my first Ems job interview and skills testing and don't know what to expect.
With AMR I assume you took the written test? If not, its a cake walk and similar to national registry. As for the interview its pretty standard as any other job interview with your what would you do questions etc. You can search the forums in here and see what others suggest. I interviewed with amr Irwindale back in 2005 and I don't think much has changed in the interview process. Good luck and if they offer you something outside of LA county, take it! AMR is down to AV and Santa Clarita for 911 coverage. They lost everything else in LA county.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

starrgirl2029

Forum Ride Along
@gonefishing
Yes I've read some other forums and wanted to see if anything will be different. I did apply to rancho & riverside but San Gabriel called me back first for the skills/interview.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
@gonefishing
Yes I've read some other forums and wanted to see if anything will be different. I did apply to rancho & riverside but San Gabriel called me back first for the skills/interview.
Than you will most likely be going south LA to their "new" ift division. Be ready for it. San Gabriel division is or did shut down.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
The fate of the division is still pending the status of the EOA contract in that area. Even if the contract is lost, there is more than enough IFT business and enough employees will most likely jump ship to whatever company takes over the EOA that the division will remain open. Again that is all speculation. If you get hired, you may be sent to North Hollywood, but that's something to ask during the interview.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
The fate of the division is still pending the status of the EOA contract in that area. Even if the contract is lost, there is more than enough IFT business and enough employees will most likely jump ship to whatever company takes over the EOA that the division will remain open. Again that is all speculation. If you get hired, you may be sent to North Hollywood, but that's something to ask during the interview.
Ah the former Bowers noho station and before that amr deployment center now once again amr deployment station.

med12

Forum Probie
Skills interview is easy peasy! walk through scenario, just know your assessment and all of your basic skills and you'll do just fine.

Radnoq

Forum Probie
Does anyone know How AMR grades there written test?
I just took the test this past Monday. The lady at the front desk took about three minutes to grade it. 120 questions, 25 mistakes allowed.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Hannahlee7

Forum Ride Along
I just took the test this past Monday. The lady at the front desk took about three minutes to grade it. 120 questions, 25 mistakes allowed.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much I may have passed but not 100% sure. Do you know if the personality test in the back do they add that to your score or was that grade by itself?

med12

Forum Probie
Thank you so much I may have passed but not 100% sure. Do you know if the personality test in the back do they add that to your score or was that grade by itself?
I'm not sure how the personality test plays into it. However, the lady that graded my test told me right then and there if I passed. As long as you passed national you should be good to go.