AMR Riverside/Hemet

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
How is everyone doing?

Any one else join the waiting game with me... going on 10 months since I applied for AMR. Question though, just out of curiosity what does the physical/health test consist of?

It's pretty BS. Test for colorblind and vision, drug test, reflex test, hearing test, turn your head and cough (for the guys). It's just another physical for the DL51 (the medical clearence green card).

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
How is everyone doing?

Any one else join the waiting game with me... going on 10 months since I applied for AMR. Question though, just out of curiosity what does the physical/health test consist of?

Of course haha, but I've heard of people waiting a year+.

But when you say waiting. Does that mean that you have applied and gone through testing? Or are you still waiting to hear from them after applying?

USMCemt

Forum Probie
San Diego

I applied with AMR in San Diego, and I heard back the next day mainly to ask for documents I was unable to upload. The HR rep offered me to go in and test, so does this reflect AMR protocol? From my readings I gather they place people on a waiting list after wasting their time. Do they usually do an interview at the same time as the test?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm not sure how they are doing hiring now. As of a year ago you would apply and test the same day. If you passed the test then your application would get sent in to HR. then you would be called for an Interview and possibly more testing (depending on division).

OP
OP
yanikemt

yanikemt

Forum Crew Member
Of course haha, but I've heard of people waiting a year+.

But when you say waiting. Does that mean that you have applied and gone through testing? Or are you still waiting to hear from them after applying?

I have applied, passed the exam, turned in all proper documents, and have been persistent with HR with back and forth emails. Just waiting for a call back for an interview...its been 10 months and my resume even shows my working experience as an EMT so it has just been a patience game

Last edited by a moderator:

USMCemt

Forum Probie
Persistence

I have read some of the reviews about AMR on indeed and that it is a good company to work for. I see you have been patiently waiting and you have experience, so what have you heard about AMR? I like the idea of AMR because of the 911 contracts in SD and the association with NCTI for a future paramedic course.

OP
OP
yanikemt

yanikemt

Forum Crew Member
Primary reason is the 911 contracts they have in all of riverside county, im so eager for that kind of experience. But I have also heard good things about the management and just like you stated the in house medic school.I have heard they will pay for it if you sign a contract with them to work a certain amount of years. Another reason I like them is there size, they are all over the country with 911 contracts. It leaves room for transferring to better opportunities. The only bad I have heard is comments you will hear about working for any private company. I would also think they are made from people who are striving for firefighter.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Primary reason is the 911 contracts they have in all of riverside county, im so eager for that kind of experience. But I have also heard good things about the management and just like you stated the in house medic school.I have heard they will pay for it if you sign a contract with them to work a certain amount of years. Another reason I like them is there size, they are all over the country with 911 contracts. It leaves room for transferring to better opportunities. The only bad I have heard is comments you will hear about working for any private company. I would also think they are made from people who are striving for firefighter.

No, they are not usually made by those striving for FD. Some move on to Gov. third Service EMS departments.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Management varies by division. I will say this, if the pay and benefits were better. I'd never leave my division.

OP
OP
yanikemt

yanikemt

Forum Crew Member
Management varies by division. I will say this, if the pay and benefits were better. I'd never leave my division.

I would love to work for Hemet I have heard great things about that division. Thats actually where I took my exam

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I would love to work for Hemet I have heard great things about that division. Thats actually where I took my exam

I wanted to work for Hemet. But I had an "insider" at another division. Once I got hired I planned on transferring to Hemet. After 10 months I've decided I'm not ever leaving my division until I move on from just an EMT and just a Medic.

IrightI

Forum Crew Member
I will be returning home after doing two years out-of-state to complete my Paramedic License/Degree program and had some questions for you guys about AMR. We are moving to the temecula area and I was looking at AMR Riverside. Is the riverside division good with working with out-of-state applicants? When I turn in my app, I would have everything but my California DL and Ambu License. Is this ok, or would it be best to apply once im moved back?

Also, is there still about a 3month wait time for hiring medics; and any suggestions on what areas or other divisons to apply with? I ran in LA County with McCormick as an EMT for four years before leaving for school, so a busy area is just fine with me.

Thanks guys!

OP
OP
yanikemt

yanikemt

Forum Crew Member
I will be returning home after doing two years out-of-state to complete my Paramedic License/Degree program and had some questions for you guys about AMR. We are moving to the temecula area and I was looking at AMR Riverside. Is the riverside division good with working with out-of-state applicants? When I turn in my app, I would have everything but my California DL and Ambu License. Is this ok, or would it be best to apply once im moved back?

Also, is there still about a 3month wait time for hiring medics; and any suggestions on what areas or other divisons to apply with? I ran in LA County with McCormick as an EMT for four years before leaving for school, so a busy area is just fine with me.

Thanks guys!

I personally would wait to have everything to turn in IMO. But im not sure what the wait time is for medics but for EMTs its pretty long but thats a completely different story. BTW Tmec is great I have lived here for two years

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Pretty funny that I found this topic. My EMT instructor at Crafton gave me a phone number to a lady at AMR, I talked to her and she told me to apply online. I applied to Rancho, Redlands, Riverside, and Palm Springs AMR. I got an Email from a lady an hour later telling me to come down to Rancho for the AMR written test. I don't know what to expect or what happens next. But I did see a guy post earlier that he did all that and has been waiting for 10 months...

I don't want to get my hopes up. Its pretty cool to see people talk about Crafton and other cities that are close by where I live.

:)

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
Pretty funny that I found this topic. My EMT instructor at Crafton gave me a phone number to a lady at AMR, I talked to her and she told me to apply online. I applied to Rancho, Redlands, Riverside, and Palm Springs AMR. I got an Email from a lady an hour later telling me to come down to Rancho for the AMR written test. I don't know what to expect or what happens next. But I did see a guy post earlier that he did all that and has been waiting for 10 months...

I don't want to get my hopes up. Its pretty cool to see people talk about Crafton and other cities that are close by where I live.

:)

hey man, i just did my recert hours at crafton, they have a great program. you in the yucaipa area?

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
hey man, i just did my recert hours at crafton, they have a great program. you in the yucaipa area?

I live in Ontario but I go to Crafton. Its a 40 mile drive its not too bad. A friend recommended Crafton and I've been coming here since 09'

I took my EMT-Basic course there back in Fall 2010 and Im still looking for a job...

How was the recert btw?

USMCemt

Forum Probie
Hey, I applied for the Palm Springs location, and in the email the HR rep wrote they were fully staffed. However, they want you to complete the application process, ie.. apply online, turn cert copies, and take written test, so they can place you on their waiting list. I am only gonna go ahead and complete the process for the San Diego area.