AMR Riverside/Hemet

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
I actually read this entire thread and forgot that I had first posted in it back when I first applied to AMR in the early part of 2012.

Nostalgia moment. Funny how things can change in a year (in a good way)

:)

mike1390

Forum Captain
biggest mistake of my career was leaving AMR in Riv Co. Ahhh the desert cities. Good times. :wub:

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Im pretty sure ill be working North, but during my FTO time I might be slapped around everywhere lol who knows.

auxilio911

Forum Crew Member
What's the pay range for an emt b for AMR in the Riverside county area. I hear they are union, that would probably affect the pay right??

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What's the pay range for an emt b for AMR in the Riverside county area. I hear they are union, that would probably affect the pay right??

If you are at a union division that pay is about $12.33 per hour. Overtime is paid for more than 12 hours a day, 40 hours a week, and/or when you pick a shift up that is offered at overtime.

If you are a non-union division pay is about $10.30 for the first 8 hours of your shift. The next 4 hours are overtime. Anything over 12 hours in the same day and/or shifts the need to be filled are double time.

The pay equal out so there is no difference in paychecks at the end of the 2 week pay period.

auxilio911

Forum Crew Member
Thanks desertemt, I'm in the process of getting my riverside county card. As soon as I get it I'm heading straight to AMR Hemet/Riverside. Do you apply online or in person??

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Thanks desertemt, I'm in the process of getting my riverside county card. As soon as I get it I'm heading straight to AMR Hemet/Riverside. Do you apply online or in person??

Online. If you are an EMT you will not receive a county card. You will only receive a CA State EMT card (it's a gray card that says CA EMT)

auxilio911

Forum Crew Member
Thanks guys for all the info. I did a few ride along with AMR and Hemet FD during emt class and enjoyed being on the rig more., I look forward to working for AMR. Hopefully I can get in, I'm bilingual, so that will be plus.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Haha ridiculous. Lets just say, people are not agreeing at all.

Aww man. I was hoping for that 15 bucks an hour that you guys are/were fighting for hahaha

auxilio911

Forum Crew Member
Anybody here work for AMR?? I just applied recently and I'm wondering how long it takes for a response or call back. Their website states that they are hiring.
I applied for the Hemet division.