AMR Riverside/Hemet

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Anybody here work for AMR?? I just applied recently and I'm wondering how long it takes for a response or call back. Their website states that they are hiring.
I applied for the Hemet division.

There is no exact answer. It could take 1 week or it could take several months.

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
All I know is we have had a new hire orientation class every 2 weeks for the last month or so. I think since I was hired they have at least hired 100 more PT employees no doubt about that. I was scared about not being able to pick up shifts so I switched to FT because after all those new hires get cleared for duty good luck picking up shifts as a part timer.

sage267

Forum Crew Member
How many shifts can a part timer expect to get realistically in a pay period? How long do you have to work as a part timer before you can switch to full to time? I have my second interview next week and was wondering all this because I currently work for care and am getting full time hours and then some I was just wondering if I can expect to get at least 40 hours a week. Or is that far fetched for a new hire as a part timer.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
How many shifts can a part timer expect to get realistically in a pay period? How long do you have to work as a part timer before you can switch to full to time? I have my second interview next week and was wondering all this because I currently work for care and am getting full time hours and then some I was just wondering if I can expect to get at least 40 hours a week. Or is that far fetched for a new hire as a part timer.

I can not answer those questions accurately. The best thing would be to ask the people during your next interview.

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant

I'll answer your question here instead of PM in case anyone else wanted to know.

I was part time up until a week ago. I was a part timer for maybe a month. (mind you I was hired barely 3 months ago) I picked up 3 shifts a week 4 maybe but that was pushing it. For example 4th of July week I picked up 5 shifts which was 60 hours. I was surprised I got so many but then this week I only got 2 shifts after picking available every single day. So its hit or miss. I had maybe 5-6 shifts a pay period.

I didnt like the inconsistency of my paychecks because I have bills to pay nothing too crazy, so when AMR paged me saying full time shifts available I called the sup in charge of setting that up and I picked a shift that was still available and that would work for me.

My full time shift starts next week. You have a long week which is 4 12 hour shifts=48 hours and a short week the following week 3 12 hour shifts=36 hours. So in a pay check you will have 7 days with 84 hours maybe more if you get held over here and there.

So you are pretty much guaranteed your hours and I know what days I'm working. Being part time was nice because I picked the days I wanted to work and if I said **** it im going to the river this whole week I could but I need money!

When I switched to full time there was only 5-6 shifts available I saw the paper with my own eyes. We have a crap load of new hires going thru field training and orientation so I doubt there will be any full time positions left.

Edit: I forgot to mention some full timers pick up extra shifts on their short week and from what I understand and seen they do allow it.

Last edited by a moderator: