AMR Riverside/Hemet

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
I live in Ontario but I go to Crafton. Its a 40 mile drive its not too bad. A friend recommended Crafton and I've been coming here since 09'

I took my EMT-Basic course there back in Fall 2010 and Im still looking for a job...

How was the recert btw?

they have a great recert program... i originally certified in early '10 and am still looking for work as well...

have used the time to make contacts tho so hopefully employment is on the horizon.

my family lives in irvine area so im familiar with your commute

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Hey, I applied for the Palm Springs location, and in the email the HR rep wrote they were fully staffed. However, they want you to complete the application process, ie.. apply online, turn cert copies, and take written test, so they can place you on their waiting list. I am only gonna go ahead and complete the process for the San Diego area.

Thanks for the info, my guess is that I will be on that waiting list forever...

I don't have much experience as an EMT besides class and the 48 hours I did with Palm Springs AMR during my ride outs.

:(

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
they have a great recert program... i originally certified in early '10 and am still looking for work as well...

have used the time to make contacts tho so hopefully employment is on the horizon.

my family lives in irvine area so im familiar with your commute

Oh wow nice I didnt even know they had a recert program. Its good to know because I have to recert March 2013 :p

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
Oh wow nice I didnt even know they had a recert program. Its good to know because I have to recert March 2013 :p

meets 4 times total and fufills the 24 hour CE requirement, you still need to do all the actual work like paperwork and going to testing sites yourself. Crafton will just give you the skills verification and certificate stating you have completed 24 hrs. they will also do AHA CPR recert.

the instructor is a medic and hes a great teacher

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
meets 4 times total and fufills the 24 hour CE requirement, you still need to do all the actual work like paperwork and going to testing sites yourself. Crafton will just give you the skills verification and certificate stating you have completed 24 hrs. they will also do AHA CPR recert.

the instructor is a medic and hes a great teacher

That reminds me my CPR card expires this month!!!
I have no idea where to go renew it. I didnt even know crafton did that, I will have to snoop around and see if they have a CPR class available.

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
That reminds me my CPR card expires this month!!!
I have no idea where to go renew it. I didnt even know crafton did that, I will have to snoop around and see if they have a CPR class available.

i actually just met a guy that does AHA recert, pm me and ill send you the info to contact him. Hes in Anaheim.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I live in Ontario but I go to Crafton. Its a 40 mile drive its not too bad. A friend recommended Crafton and I've been coming here since 09'

I took my EMT-Basic course there back in Fall 2010 and Im still looking for a job...

How was the recert btw?

Haha. I took the EMT program in Fall of 2010 also and now I'm up at Crafton as a skills instructor.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
This December will be 2 years since our EMT ceremony, how time flies!

Yeah. I was at the graduation for the fall class of 2011 exactly a years since our graduation. It felt soo weird being on the other side and on the stage watching all the students.

OP
OP
yanikemt

yanikemt

Forum Crew Member
Pretty funny that I found this topic. My EMT instructor at Crafton gave me a phone number to a lady at AMR, I talked to her and she told me to apply online. I applied to Rancho, Redlands, Riverside, and Palm Springs AMR. I got an Email from a lady an hour later telling me to come down to Rancho for the AMR written test. I don't know what to expect or what happens next. But I did see a guy post earlier that he did all that and has been waiting for 10 months...

I don't want to get my hopes up. Its pretty cool to see people talk about Crafton and other cities that are close by where I live.

:)

Everyone after they apply has to go in to take the test. its an automated email. Just study everything dress nice and pass the exam

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Everyone after they apply has to go in to take the test. its an automated email. Just study everything dress nice and pass the exam

How many questions is it? What happens next skills test?

I feel kind of rusty in that area. I haven't practice skills in a year or so... :/

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
How many questions is it? What happens next skills test?

I feel kind of rusty in that area. I haven't practice skills in a year or so... :/

To date I have only heard of one division that does skills testing (Palm Springs). For the others you may have 1-2 interviews.

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
To date I have only heard of one division that does skills testing (Palm Springs). For the others you may have 1-2 interviews.

Hmm interesting.. thanks.