Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Louk

Forum Probie
I've been watching this thread and finding it very entertaining. I worked out in LA County for about ten years and left for a better paying job with retirement benefits. Can you explain how you can pay your employees more than the other companies, while reimbursements are going down with both Medicare and MediCal?
Thanks for reaching out. Please contact AMBULNZ directly for details (posting details on this forum will only lead to some
I'vebeen watching this thread and finding it very entertaining. I worked out in LA County for about ten years and left for a better paying job with retirement benefits. Can you explain how you can pay your employees more than the other companies, while reimbursements are going down with both Medicare and MediCal?[/QUO]
As a company, Ambulnz barely does any Medical transports. We work with hospitals, insurance companies, long term care facilities and private pay. Our innovative compensation model was developed by fortune 50 executives working together with life long Paramedics, EMT's, regulators and ambulance company executives. Our model is focused on respect, EMT's that take patient care seriously and technology that brings it all together. Like any company that invests in proprietary information, we do not discuss our business on public forums. If you're interested in learning more, I invite you to come to our next open house. #carethatsconnected

buzzer400

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for reaching out. Please contact AMBULNZ directly for details (posting details on this forum will only lead to some
Since we are talking compensation, let me chime in. We do not pay ten times the going rate. The industry average pay for an EMT-B is $12-$14 per hour. The average Model EMT at Ambulnz makes 2-2 1/2 times that amount based on their performance (not 10 times). We have a few superstars that are surpassing those figures but that is not the norm. Our proprietary technology combined with two in-house mathematician PhD's work hard to ensure our EMT's are in a position to be successful. Furthermore, we barely transport any Medicare dialysis or Medical patients, we employ several CPA's to make certain the economics work, we have in-house general counsel ensuring compliance and we hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards. Like all companies, we are here to make a profit. What makes us different, is that we share the upside with our EMT's. #carethatsconnected

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
So you guys hired
mathematicians? Thats interesting. I don't see a need if you have fortune 500 members running the game which I find doubtful. Maybe previous business owners but not fortune 500 lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Since we are talking compensation, let me chime in. We do not pay ten times the going rate. The industry average pay for an EMT-B is $12-$14 per hour. The average Model EMT at Ambulnz makes 2-2 1/2 times that amount based on their performance (not 10 times). We have a few superstars that are surpassing those figures but that is not the norm. Our proprietary technology combined with two in-house mathematician PhD's work hard to ensure our EMT's are in a position to be successful. Furthermore, we barely transport any Medicare dialysis or Medical patients, we employ several CPA's to make certain the economics work, we have in-house general counsel ensuring compliance and we hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards. Like all companies, we are here to make a profit. What makes us different, is that we share the upside with our EMT's. #carethatsconnected
Thank you for reply was that so hard? Okay is that pay includes performances pay? If so what emt base pay? Is there minimum trips one need to do before you will pay performances pay? Also how many hours a week do you expect someone to work? Note I am just asking very basic questions.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe

If you think you can impress anyone here with a hashtag, you're very wrong.

I honestly have no idea how your in-house math wizes came up with an industry avg of $12-$14 per hr; the highest paying private company in LACo (that's where Ambulnz operates, remember ?) is AMR and the only reason they pay what they pay is due to a union representation. The other figure of $14 could relate to HALL Amb in Kern Co, but that's hardly relevant to this discussion because we could as well have been discussing EMS on Pluto. So, either your groundbreaking financial model is pure theory (I could care less about Ambulnz' poster boys, they don't convey the real picture), or there's an elephant hiding in the room.

You keep inviting people to your job fairs ? Ok, let's pretend this IS your job fair. Go ahead, convince us that you're true blue, without any of the glitter your Monrovia HQ has. Can you do that ?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Here is a great review!
"Treated terribly
It's just about the money
Rigs and equipment don't work
Lie about the money
You try talking to somebody and they ignore you
Dispatch mike especially is terrible!!!!
Never off on time not even once!!!!
You are considered late if you are Minute late even if THEIR system won't let you clock in they only give you 2 minutes to clock in so hopefully somebody else isn't trying to clock in and their finger print is working
They boast about THEIR online system they have created yet they just took fire and other mdt systems and put it on a tablet but they can't seem to figure out online pay stubs....? Pay is NEVER correct
Management has no idea what another person in management is doing
One says one thing another says something else then you get written up for their mess up and they won't fix it because they are never wrong
They say go talk to your supervisor but whose our supervisor management doesn't even know....
They say their pay is competitive but it's the same as other IFT companies if your lucky you might get on the "model" where you get ran and maybe see money at least before taxes you do. If you aren't on the model what you have to say doesn't matter. If you are just an EMT and not the EMT-E you get stuck with an EMT-E fun your butt off and get no compensation and most of the time you will be doing all the work while the EMT-E does nothing. Most are rude and almost drop patients every time because they want to go fast but don't want to do the work. No vitals. Not paying attention. Holding on to gurneys with one hand while going off curbs.
I have witnessed many people not caring and almost dropping patients. The company wants money
Just another IFT company If you want professionalism and management that knows what's going on and has their act together don't come here. You want an IFT company go here."

Qulevrius

Thank you for reply was that so hard? Okay is that pay includes performances pay? If so what emt base pay? Is there minimum trips one need to do before you will pay performances pay? Also how many hours a week do you expect someone to work? Note I am just asking very basic questions.

And let's not forget to include the company's criteria for transitioning to the Model, plus how many Model vacancies the company actually has (globally, annually, quarterly etc).

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
And let's not forget to include the company's criteria for transitioning to the Model, plus how many Model vacancies the company actually has (globally, annually, quarterly etc).
You must visit an open house for the answer. Refreshments will be served.

Qulevrius

You must visit an open house for the answer. Refreshments will be served.

No, seriously. Let's give the chaps a chance to redeem themselves. If this time we actually get to see a concise and coherent response, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, and apologize.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
No, seriously. Let's give the chaps a chance to redeem themselves. If this time we actually get to see a concise and coherent response, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, and apologize.
They will respond "we have a fortune 500 think tank. Chocolate chip or oatmeal? Cookies will be served with punch come and see the exciting company that we are in monrovia! Come see what exciting things we are up to!"

Dan Louk

Forum Probie
Here is a great review!
"Treated terribly
It's just about the money
Rigs and equipment don't work
Lie about the money
You try talking to somebody and they ignore you
Dispatch mike especially is terrible!!!!
Never off on time not even once!!!!
You are considered late if you are Minute late even if THEIR system won't let you clock in they only give you 2 minutes to clock in so hopefully somebody else isn't trying to clock in and their finger print is working
They boast about THEIR online system they have created yet they just took fire and other mdt systems and put it on a tablet but they can't seem to figure out online pay stubs....? Pay is NEVER correct
Management has no idea what another person in management is doing
One says one thing another says something else then you get written up for their mess up and they won't fix it because they are never wrong
They say go talk to your supervisor but whose our supervisor management doesn't even know....
They say their pay is competitive but it's the same as other IFT companies if your lucky you might get on the "model" where you get ran and maybe see money at least before taxes you do. If you aren't on the model what you have to say doesn't matter. If you are just an EMT and not the EMT-E you get stuck with an EMT-E fun your butt off and get no compensation and most of the time you will be doing all the work while the EMT-E does nothing. Most are rude and almost drop patients every time because they want to go fast but don't want to do the work. No vitals. Not paying attention. Holding on to gurneys with one hand while going off curbs.
I have witnessed many people not caring and almost dropping patients. The company wants money
Just another IFT company If you want professionalism and management that knows what's going on and has their act together don't come here. You want an IFT company go here."

Since we're quoting, here's one from an ACTUAL employee
"I really like the concept of the model and how EMTs are given an opportunity to make a good salary and potential for a career... I think we have come a long way since we first started the model and I'm very optimistic of the growth and future of the program."

wfw65

Forum Ride Along
My apologizes if this has already been asked.

Dan, Gavin are either of you field personnel, are you EMT's in CA. ?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Only Louk I could find is not a Dan and hasn't been an emt for more than 2 years.

Jdog

Forum Crew Member
"I really like the concept of the model and how EMTs are given an opportunity to make a good salary and potential for a career... I think we have come a long way since we first started the model and I'm very optimistic of the growth and future of the program."

Ha haha hahaha hah ha....

HelpinMan

Forum Ride Along
Good one Dan.

Call me crazy but based on this string I would say GoneFishing is an owner or HR person at a competitor and is having trouble recruiting. Perhaps he should focus on offering a better package to potential new hires and treating his employees well so they stay and give up on attacking Ambulnz.

I suggest we change directions here.
As veterans within the industry what does everyone feel is the biggest challenge for new recruits? and for seasons EMT's/Paramedics?
What can companies/owners do to combat those issues?
Ambulnz has focused on a better pay structure and offering a decent benefits package.
What else can be done? Would love to hear peoples thoughts.

Qulevrius

Oh no. No, no, no. You don't get to change the subject, there's been enough flip-flopping already. All that colourful rhetoric, and not one of our questions had been answered yet ? I'm guessing I wasn't wrong and won't be apologizing any time soon.

If there's one thing I'll humour you with, it's the 'the biggest challenge for new recruits'. And that is being able to sift through the metric tons of BS that companies with 'innovative technologies and revolutionary models' are trying to spoon feed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.