Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
has anyone heard of a new company coming into LA County buying up a bunch of small companies? the company is called "Ambulnz" and all I have read is that they bought Impulse, but i have heard from others that they also bought Aegis ambulance and Ameripride ambulance. They also advertise that their EMTs can make up to 72k a year.

JohnTheEMT

Forum Crew Member
Not that i heard of here in la county but those companies still operate the same with missing or broken light bars.
20160226_202457.jpg

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't know whats better or worse, broken light bars, or ones that are just not plugged in (when you see one of those ambulances with their lights on, you see the center square light steady burn and the two squares next to it lazily turning on and off and the light bar on top just as dark as always....like whats the point of buying it in the first place??)

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Dear team,

It has come to our attention that some of our rigs code 3 equipment is damaged or not in working order. We take this issue very seriously, but do find it comical that you believe you may need to use said code 3 equipment as you cruise around town frauding medicare/running calls. Though it looks unprofessional, We'd like to remind field staff that as long as the rig has the california steady burn red, it is still technically legal to run calls. We would like to hear no further on the issue. Now get back in your ambulance and run calls.

Sincerely,
Management

Ps We've cut your pay.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
has anyone heard of a new company coming into LA County buying up a bunch of small companies? the company is called "Ambulnz" and all I have read is that they bought Impulse, but i have heard from others that they also bought Aegis ambulance and Ameripride ambulance. They also advertise that their EMTs can make up to 72k a year.

A private company paying their EMTs 72k a year? Lol not a freaking chance. Did this ad by chance come out on April fools? "Ambulnz"? Really? Mine as well be "Amberlamps"

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
and the name "Ambulnz" does not appear on LA County EMS Agency's list of either licensed or pending license ambulance operators....otherwise that's about all I could turn up on them.........so yeah I'm not in any rush to leave McCormick for such a snake oil promise of 72K a year ha

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
and the name "Ambulnz" does not appear on LA County EMS Agency's list of either licensed or pending license ambulance operators....otherwise that's about all I could turn up on them.........so yeah I'm not in any rush to leave McCormick for such a snake oil promise of 72K a year ha

Just ruin my dreams why don't you!

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Alright well heres the scoop.
This is a mystery investor and he just bought Aegis, Ameripride, Impulse, Medcoast, GCTI/Phoenix. Wonder how long until the big bang? All of them have bad history, equipment etc. Surprisingly this is right next door or right around the "All Town Ambulance" guys. Maybe they are trying to set up a Dialysis empire? They probably became fearful once Bowers/Pacific became AMR, Care is now Faulk, PRN is owned by a norcal power house. Your going to see these companys dissappear soon enough. Pop the popcorn and if you work for the major 6, AMR,Bowers,Care,Mccormick,Schaefer, PRN I wouldn't fear. Will probably just see refugees.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

JohnTheEMT

Forum Crew Member
Im even surprised AMR hansn't bought out shaefer yet to put them out of their misery once and for all. As for all town ambulance, they should of had their permits taken away . Now i haven't found any information on this ambulanz health llc but it sounds like it is a scam of some sort to wheel you in ( just like those other shady ift companies operating here ) . Most importantly sir, where did you here about this company buying out everyone ?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Im even surprised AMR hansn't bought out shaefer yet to put them out of their misery once and for all. As for all town ambulance, they should of had their permits taken away . Now i haven't found any information on this ambulanz health llc but it sounds like it is a scam of some sort to wheel you in ( just like those other shady ift companies operating here ) . Most importantly sir, where did you here about this company buying out everyone ?
I have eyes and ears all over the place. You work in LA County long enough you get to know people. Schaefer had the chance years ago with Goodhew/Laidlaw but the old man refused. Rumor has it the kids want out of the ambulance service. They either want too damn much for the company or want to file bankruptcy and walk away. The other option they got is go straight IFT which they have been trying really hard at. The Mccormick guys you will find out always have a horrible attitude and act like they don't stink. lol. Now the question is, will any of the players that have a crooked past that are "advisors" to other companys try and come in and run the show or stick where they are at? The billing director has endless experience in hotel auditing. Alot of the management is from AMT and Impulse. This is going to get really interesting.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
toyskater86

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
very interesting. I did some research on their new CEO and CFO's...they appear to be from the east coast/new york area.

AmeriPride

Forum Crew Member
Alright well heres the scoop.
This is a mystery investor and he just bought Aegis, Ameripride, Impulse, Medcoast, GCTI/Phoenix. Wonder how long until the big bang? All of them have bad history, equipment etc. Surprisingly this is right next door or right around the "All Town Ambulance" guys. Maybe they are trying to set up a Dialysis empire? k

That statement is so full of false that I can't even call it a true statement. There is a bit of truth in it, but not enough to qualify ;)

BTW, everyone, on the LA County website there is a record of ownership change from Impulse to Ambulnz. You don't need to listen to rumors when you can just see the truth and read the record. It tells you who the Ambulnz people are and everything else you need.

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
Yes, you can absolutely make up to 72K a year with this company. All you have to do is be willing to work approximately 7,200 hours in year. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
toyskater86

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
Medcoast is merging with Phoenix ambulance.
whaaaaaat?!

"PeonixMed Ambulance"

So many changes lately in LA County. I also just learned that Care got the RFP awarded to them for Westminster, so i guess Shoreline has no 911 anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.