Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnTheEMT

Forum Crew Member
Care has grown a lot thru the years while cole shaeffer has been decreasing their operations (small communities in sgv) and nearly going bankrupt. Now with shoreline loosing westminister they have partnered with a ift company somewhere in la county, i think its royal ambulance. Remember how bowers used to have vernon for the 911 services in that area ?

wtferick

Forum Captain
Yes they did. Luckily many went over to care ambulance.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Holy smokeballs

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Seriously
Danger, Will Robinson!

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
Alright well heres the scoop.
This is a mystery investor and he just bought Aegis, Ameripride, Impulse, Medcoast, GCTI/Phoenix. Wonder how long until the big bang? All of them have bad history, equipment etc. Surprisingly this is right next door or right around the "All Town Ambulance" guys. Maybe they are trying to set up a Dialysis empire? They probably became fearful once Bowers/Pacific became AMR, Care is now Faulk, PRN is owned by a norcal power house. Your going to see these companys dissappear soon enough. Pop the popcorn and if you work for the major 6, AMR,Bowers,Care,Mccormick,Schaefer, PRN I wouldn't fear. Will probably just see refugees.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Here's the information I have been provided: YES - MedCoast has been purchased (is in due diligence). This has been verified by the owners of MedCoast. They were bought by a private investor names Douglas Spiro who is affiliated with Union bank. He also owns GCTI dba Phoenix Ambulance. Unknown if they are in any way connected to the other companies.
However, at the LA County Ambulance Association a member company notified the board that Aegis Ambulance will be merging with two other companies, Ameripride and Impulse. And, AMBULNZ HEALTH, LLC is a valid California LLC per the Secretary of State website. They are based in NY and active in Delaware. They are for retail.

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member
Here's the information I have been provided: YES - MedCoast has been purchased (is in due diligence). This has been verified by the owners of MedCoast. They were bought by a private investor names Douglas Spiro who is affiliated with Union bank. He also owns GCTI dba Phoenix Ambulance. Unknown if they are in any way connected to the other companies.
However, at the LA County Ambulance Association a member company notified the board that Aegis Ambulance will be merging with two other companies, Ameripride and Impulse. And, AMBULNZ HEALTH, LLC is a valid California LLC per the Secretary of State website. They are based in NY and active in Delaware. They are for retail.
The landscape is sure changing, not in a real positive way.

OP
OP
toyskater86

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
It sure is... It's like in the early 90s when the mom and pop ambulance companies were being bought out by amr

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member
It sure is... It's like in the early 90s when the mom and pop ambulance companies were being bought out by amr
Yes it is. The major difference is that AMR bought what was considered "the cream of the crop" and brought $$$, expertise and technology to the table. Not what seems to be happening here.

JohnTheEMT

Forum Crew Member
Lol being bought by someone who owns gcti/phoenix ambulance when he doesnt even have the money to change his rigs after being raided to the new name.

AmeriPride

Forum Crew Member

OK, now you are much more accurate. :) Ambulnz Health is a fantastic venture, and will bring new things to the LA ambulance landscape.

Gavin Burnett

Forum Probie
Hey All, saw lots of speculation here so wanted to chime in (I'm internal at Ambulnz on the operations/staffing side, full disclosure) With our technology + state of that are equipment we are poised to revolutionize the space and provide solid career + earning potential for all our EMTs, Paramedics, and other members. It's pretty amazing to see where we're already at only a few months in. We are also extremely transparent with how are EMTs are currently making the figures quoted (we know it is unheard of in the industry and are super excited to help change that in the right direction). Please feel free to drop a line anytime to (moderator's edit to remove contact information) if you're interested in discussing opportunities with us or just want more info. Thanks// Gavin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I just find it odd how a company or companies that run almost 90% dialysis and operate out of Medi/Medi facilities or hospitals is able to pay so well considering the length of time for billing and the major denials going out by the government. Also companys that do not have the best track
records to begin with. You may be able to attract the new emt off the street but those of us that remember
Alpha
Transaid
Procare
Lifeline
Just to name a few remember what happened there.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I love these threads. Makes me remember why I left LA County. There is no good EMS to be had in LA County. Nothing against the EMTs themselves, your system sucks and you're surrounded by illegitimate business practices. And you don't have to look to hard to see that these practices are not limited to dialysis transports companies.

IDrago

Forum Probie
What employees are being told is that they will get all new rigs, tablets and toughbooks, up to 72k a year, call bonuses and that ultimately the goal is to run AMR out of town. How they intend to do this with companies that were either hemorrhaging money or companies like Aegis that were going bankrupt, is beyond me. It's like that old saying if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
We need to hear from someone who works at Impulse Ambulance to see if this is true. Are they being paid 72k a year by the parent company Ambulunz

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
We need to hear from someone who works at Impulse Ambulance to see if this is true. Are they being paid 72k a year by the parent company Ambulunz
See above your post. Currently they have 2 rigs in the "new" companys name at the Impulse station but are not certified dot or county and from what I heard its all smoke and mirrors that coming from a current employee of that organization. The epcr requirement is a county requirement and all companies need to be electronic by the end of the year so this is not just by choice. I heard they want to turn this into a "uber" type deal for ambulances?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
So such as Uber, employees get paid a percentage of the calls they run so work as hard or little as you want. They expect to run AMR out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.