Accepted to RN bridge!

FiremanMike

EMS Coordinator
Our local community college opened up their LPN to RN program to paramedics and I found out today I was accepted!

I have so much of the coursework done, it'll be 5 semesters, 3 of which will have 2 classes (pharm 1, pharm 2, and human lifespan) and the rest are nursing core classes..

Wow, if you type w o o t! it makes it a hyperlink to a spam site.. interesting..

Last edited:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
That's awesome, congratulations!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
congratulation Mike!

Monday

Forum Probie
I'm new so sorry if infraction of local protocol to post up...

But amazing news and congratulations to the acceptance :)
Best of luck with your next studies.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Our local community college opened up their LPN to RN program to paramedics and I found out today I was accepted!

I have so much of the coursework done, it'll be 5 semesters, 3 of which will have 2 classes (pharm 1, pharm 2, and human lifespan) and the rest are nursing core classes..

Wow, if you type w o o t! it makes it a hyperlink to a spam site.. interesting..
That's great!! It's only 5 semesters... My program required us to have all but perhaps a couple prereq's done for entry and those, if not done, were to be done during a summer semester. Of course I went through a "traditional" program and that took 4 semesters from start to done, all 4 semesters of which were full-time core nursing courses. Our LPN-RN upgrade program required that ALL prereq's be done as well along with a short primer course, and then those students could complete the upgrade with just 2 full-time semesters. The primer course was basically a "catch-up" course that covered material that LPN students don't usually get in their programs that 1st year RN students get.

Congrats!! It's going to be a lot of work, a lot of fun, and a different way of thinking about your patients.

OP
F

FiremanMike

EMS Coordinator
That's great!! It's only 5 semesters... My program required us to have all but perhaps a couple prereq's done for entry and those, if not done, were to be done during a summer semester. Of course I went through a "traditional" program and that took 4 semesters from start to done, all 4 semesters of which were full-time core nursing courses. Our LPN-RN upgrade program required that ALL prereq's be done as well along with a short primer course, and then those students could complete the upgrade with just 2 full-time semesters. The primer course was basically a "catch-up" course that covered material that LPN students don't usually get in their programs that 1st year RN students get.

Congrats!! It's going to be a lot of work, a lot of fun, and a different way of thinking about your patients.
So this is the middle step of a long journey for me.. I started back to college in 2009 because I wanted to fulfill my dream of going to medical school. Unfortunately life got in the way and I never found a time when I was going to be able to quit the FD in order to get the prereqs done, so I settled for a public safety degree instead..

So 2 years ago I started working on the prereqs for nursing with the plan of going right into a part time NP program, so the current plan is this RN in 5 semesters, followed by FNP over 27 months, then a post masters ACNP certificate over 12 months, all of which should line up with my pension date, so I’ll hopefully retire into a second career as an NP..

Why not medical school now? I just don’t want to do it all at 50.. Realistically, I feel I’d be successful down that pathway, but doctors never turn off their drive, nor would I, and I want to slow down a bit and enjoy life..