ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
So tell me, what is the process that happens after an uninsured person is transported by private EMS?(other than care, I mean as far as paying the bill and all)

That depends upon a lot of factors. Some areas have it written into the contract that they sign with the government that they receive payments from the city or such for every patient they transport, some only receive reimbursement if the patient doesn't pay (either on their own or their insurance), and some bill only Medicare/Medicaid/Insurance.

Cory

Forum Captain
If they are uninsured, they get a bill in their mailbox. They are then to work out a payment plan with the providing agency. That's IF the name and address given to the crew is real.

You DO know some fire based EMS bill people as well, right? Just because it's fire based doesn't mean it's free.

Yes, I am aware, I was under the impression that private companies handled it differently though, no?

OP
OP
K

kecpercussion

Forum Lieutenant
Only about 60% of ambulance bills are actually paid...no joke!

reaper

Working Bum
no use... you can't tell me everyone just forgets about it. And that doesn't seem like a good situation for a high poverty area where insurance is less than common.

Have you heard of Medicaid? They are getting some of the cost and that is better then none!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Everyone handles it differently. It all depends on their contracts, regulations, guidelines, and local laws.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Everyone handles it differently. It all depends on their contracts, regulations, guidelines, and local laws.

If you're really curious about your area there's this thing called google... or calling up and asking your local services.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
So tell me, what is the process that happens after an uninsured person is transported by private EMS?(other than care, I mean as far as paying the bill and all)

The answer to this question is contained within the text of EMTLA. Look it up.

Cory

Forum Captain
Wow, I love how you all answer the question, then b&*^% about having to answer it afterwards.

Sasha

Forum Chief
mmmhmmm, well its nothing to be proud of <_<

Neither is the fact that you ask questions you can easily find the answer to by a google search, but try and police the responses you get.

Ask a question, fine, but don't whine about the answers.

Sasha

Forum Chief
What happened to this!!! haha

Rural Metro is the only 911 ambulance company in my immediate area, with Health Central Ambulance covering Universal/Sea World and Ocoee/Winter Garden. There are a couple private/third services in So. Flo and many more in No. Flo. Reedy Creek EMS does Disney. Although they are Fire they do have an EMS only division. THey ride golf carts in the parks. The rest is covered by respective county and city fire services.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cory

Forum Captain
Neither is the fact that you ask questions you can easily find the answer to by a google search, but try and police the responses you get.

Ask a question, fine, but don't whine about the answers.

Give an answer, fine. But don't whine about giving it.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I saw no one complaining about giving you an answer. Just disdain for you not searching for it first.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Give an answer, fine. But don't whine about giving it.

No one is whining about giving it, just pointing out you could have found the answer yourself and avoided confrontation.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
None at all. You're confusing sarcasm for complaining.

Sasha is a very sarcastic girl, even more so when actually conversing. Just something you get used to, or drives you mad and you run away screaming.

But that wasn't even close to the amount of sarcasm you think it was. I've seen worse. Much much worse. Girls are E-V-I-L.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Sasha is a very sarcastic girl, even more so when actually conversing. Just something you get used to, or drives you mad and you run away screaming.

She also yells really loud when she doesn't have a keycard :p Right?